HDR TIMELAPSE (batch process)/ sns-HDR 2.0.1/ CPU & GPU?

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

HDR TIMELAPSE (batch process)/ sns-HDR 2.0.1/ CPU & GPU?

Postby dark653 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:06 am

Hello!.

I downloaded version 2.0.1 (DEMO) because I have seen that increased processing speed, but to process 700fotos timelapse x 3 (3 raw photos in HDR bracketing) (raw of canon 5d Mark III- 24 Mpx) the batch process is eternal 10 hours!!!!!, very very slow despite the improvement.

it will improve in the future to use the GPU cuda cores ?. I have 12 threads 6nucleos- i7980x3,33 CPU, 24GB of RAM and Nvidia Quadro 4000 and SSDs.

It is true that now the CPU is set to 100% in each HDR image processing of the series :P But only when SNS-HDR make the tonemapping, only in a part of each HDR and, then to process a timelapse (braqueting 3 photos) takes 10 hours !!!!! yes, you heard right 8-10 hours !!!! (600-700 images). :shock: :roll:

I want to buy the program but I need to know if there is any way to shorten this process (now and in the future).

I want to buy a new CPU +50% or more faster than i7 980x and a new GPU. this will speed up the process?

be used cuda cores in the future ?.

Someone can give an example of the process with the new Intel processors.
:arrow: :arrow: Standard bracketing processing speed test:
12 HDR (3 Raws fotos in bracketing X 12) :arrow: :arrow: (specify megapixel raw used and your CPU).
:roll: in my case 12 minutes with equipment used, in your case?

I'm thinking i7 6900K 8 cores. It would be a great pleasure if you do this test of processing speed.

MY TEST:

MODE: batch process.
PC: i7 980x 3,33Mhz (6 cores) + nvidia quadro4000.
RENDER OR PROCESSING TIME: :arrow: 11 minutes .... with this by extrapolation 700 x 3 photos (HDR) = 8-10 hours ..... by

Please put your time with this test 12 HDR PC and remember to note that you have and size of your Raws, etc.

Sebastian and I want to ask you if this is going to improve, whether to use GPU, multi thread, etc to improve speed or not. depends on the post of the comrades and what tell us. I want to buy the program. IN Spain there are too many people that I know that want to buy (forma like Canonistas, timelapseweb.com, HDSLR.com, etc, etc)

:D thank you very much and congratulations for the excellent program, hopefully we accelerate to do timelapse that we are many "timelapsers"
dark653

Re: HDR TIMELAPSE (batch process)/ sns-HDR 2.0.1/ CPU & GPU?

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:21 pm

The processor may not be fully loaded when RAW images are decoded and the HDR images are saved. I can change this in batch processing.
I plan to accelerate tone mapping by implementing processing the complete images on the GPU, but for now I do not have the appropriate graphics card.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby dark653 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:11 am

That would great, Nvidia cores... And all CPU-cores working At 100%. The Best: multitreath, the CPU or double cpu (xeon) rendering simultaniously several HDR.... Please let us know your advances to buy the software. Congratulations !!!!
dark653

Postby dark653 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:55 pm

Hello,

I have download new update 2.1.3 in spanish but the batch processing is so slow yet.

Finally can you implementing processing complete images on the GPU?

I want to buy and several friends (photographers, timelapsers) but for 1 timelapse we must wait 8 hours :oops: :oops: :oops: ...

Sebastian, can you give me a watermark romover for this snshdr 2.1.3? if yes I can give you my email adress and my results.
I want to analice the flickering and deflickering with LRtimelapse in a short timelapse (since GPU is implemented) and the water mark is a impediment to analice flickering areas in Lrtimelapse.

Thank you very much.
Best regards
dark653

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:49 pm

The full processing on the GPU must wait, currently I'm working on a version for macOS.
Send me your full name on the email.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania