SNS-HDR Pro 2.0 Alpha 3

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: SNS-HDR Pro 2.0 Alpha 3

Postby aaronpriest » Thu May 12, 2016 11:31 pm

^ I second that! I just did a B&W conversion from an SNS-HDR 16-bit TIFF yesterday.
aaronpriest

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Fri May 13, 2016 9:58 am

Hi David,

Why don't you use the curve of the brightness parameter?
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby HDR_h8r » Fri May 13, 2016 10:49 am

Well, that was silly of me... By now I am so used to just "mixing the channels" with dedicated tools that I forgot the old but true "Desaturation" approach.
So, yeah, I can pull the Saturation all the way down and take it from there..

Thanks!
HDR_h8r

Postby corigliano66 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:48 pm

Sebastian Nibisz wrote:
dan45 wrote:Can you say when there will be the new final?

I want to release the final version in January.

dan45 wrote:Open with external editor (photoshop) doesn't work. Photoshop opens with no image.

Strange, it should work. Please check that the Photoshop opens TIFF-16 images from SNS.

ciao sebastian scusa la mia domanda volevo sapere se ai rilasciato la versione finale , e volevo sapere se ce qualche impostazione per non ridurre i dpi delle foto mi sono accorto che elaborando le foto al momento di salvarle sns riduce i dpi da 300, a 72 potresti darmi delle spiegazioni o qualche impostazione per non ridurle? grazie .
corigliano66

Postby Stiga » Wed May 25, 2016 11:58 am

corigliano66 wrote:ciao sebastian scusa la mia domanda volevo sapere se ai rilasciato la versione finale , e volevo sapere se ce qualche impostazione per non ridurre i dpi delle foto mi sono accorto che elaborando le foto al momento di salvarle sns riduce i dpi da 300, a 72 potresti darmi delle spiegazioni o qualche impostazione per non ridurle? grazie .

According to Google Translate:
"hello sebastian excuse my question I wanted to know if released the final version, and wanted to know if there some setting to not reduce the dpi of the picture I realized that drawing pictures when you save them sns reduces the dpi to 300, to 72 may give me an explanation or some setting not to reduce them? thank you ."

I think you should wait, Sebastian is working hard and will release the next version when he is satisfied with it.
{Credo che si dovrebbe aspettare, Sebastian sta lavorando duro e rilascerà la prossima versione, quando è soddisfatto con esso.}

Martin
Stiga

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Thu May 26, 2016 8:46 pm

corigliano66 wrote:ciao sebastian scusa la mia domanda volevo sapere se ai rilasciato la versione finale , e volevo sapere se ce qualche impostazione per non ridurre i dpi delle foto mi sono accorto che elaborando le foto al momento di salvarle sns riduce i dpi da 300, a 72 potresti darmi delle spiegazioni o qualche impostazione per non ridurle? grazie .

The final version is not yet ready, I still optimize the masks. The DPI parameter does not affect the real image resolution and can be freely changed.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby capricorn » Tue May 31, 2016 6:46 am

Sebastian, do you have any candidate available which supports command line arguments, and being more precisely the LR plugin?

I have not been using a1-2-3 in a serious manner so far, since I couldn't figure out how to link it to my workflow in a reasonable way. Just returned from vacation with tons of captures to develop so I guess I would be the perfect tester for this :-) BTW, typically I am not using masks or sliders, I am perfectly happy with the selection of presets.

Thanks
Karsten
capricorn

Postby Wolfgang Guelcker » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:25 am

Congratulations: 5 huge images tonemapped without problems, 350 MP each!

Dear Sebastian,

I have tonemapped 5 huge stitched HDR panoramas with Alpha 3. Each had the dimensionons of 28 000 x 12 500 Pixels. The original panoramas were 25 000 pixels wide, I expanded them by 3000 pixels to avoid seams at the 360 degree border.

I have an old 64 bit Win 7 machine with 20 GB main memory and a SSD (Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHz, GeForce GTX 470/PCIe/SSE2)

Loading and merging took 7:30, the tonemapping additional 10 min. But after tonemapping was completed I could work really smooth.

It was a big positive surprise for me that this works at all. I think it is worth waiting for the final version if the results of your work are so good. And I achieved excellent results with Alpha 3 already.

Thanks
Wolfgang
Wolfgang Guelcker

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:25 am

Wolfgang,

The new version with tools for masks will be consume twice as much memory. 20GB will be close to the limit for such large images.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby TGrundvig » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:25 am

Sebastian,

I've been trying to incorporate Ver 2 into my real estate photography because it appears to merge images faster, but I'm having some issues. For example, in Ver 1 my window frames look white, areas around windows look the right color, and my sky is consistent. But, in Ver 2, I am getting dark discoloration on and around windows, and my sky is not consistent, there are color shifts in the sky.

Here is a link to a Dropbox folder showing the test images, the same two images in Ver 1 and 2. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/waadgtu91r57 ... 9TvVa?dl=0

You will notice in Ver 2 the window frame looks darker, and the wall between two windows is darker for some reason. I also included the source images.

If I could get Ver 2 to give me the same sky consistency and get rid of the black discoloration on and around windows, I would use it all the time. I will say this, things like the grass and trees through windows looks better in Ver 2, but the sky is not right.

Thanks,
TGrundvig

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania