SNS-HDR Pro 2.0 Alpha 3

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: SNS-HDR Pro 2.0 Alpha 3

Postby fotolights.de » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:42 am

I have an issue about alignment in Alpha 3

SNS 2 has a problem in some pictures with the alignment of the pictures.
alignmen2.jpg
SNS 2 A3
alignmen2.jpg (395.14 KiB) Viewed 9170 times

In contrast the pictures processed with the old version 1.4
alignment1_4.jpg
SNS 1.4
alignment1_4.jpg (448.82 KiB) Viewed 9170 times

It is no mount issue. All pictures are take with a tripod and no wind.
fotolights.de

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi,

fotolights.de wrote:Is there a possibility to make some changes on the raw before processing it in sns without using tiff (perhaps an option to dcraw)?

You try to save the image in DNG format.

taznokte wrote:Does sns hdr pro 2.0 alpha 3 supports uploading EXR or maby something is wrong with my EXR files. Please this is important, because moving to another tool with give bad results.

Can you share example EXR file?

fotolights.de wrote:Is there also a possibility not to have the pictures cropped after aligning?

Currently this is not possible.

thor316c wrote:Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but the GUI on SNS-HDR Pro 2.0 Alpha 3 along with 1.4.22 look blurry when viewed on a 4k (3840x2160) monitor, it looks like the 1080p gui is scaled.

SNS does not yet support the high DPI mode, it will be supported in the final version.

fotolights.de wrote:I have an issue about alignment in Alpha 3
It is no mount issue. All pictures are take with a tripod and no wind.

The image is merged correctly when you turn off the alignment?
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Redcrown » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:58 pm

Many HDR programs have problems with alignment. And the problem is usually image dependent. Some images align well, some do not. I think the programs are sometimes fooled by natural halos that may occur in the plus exposures. For example, when a bright sky is behind a dark foreground object. They try to match the edge of the halo in the bright image to the true edge of the foreground object in the darker image.

Actually, the alignment feature in Photoshop is one of the best. It does not get fooled. So a work around for alignment problems.

1. Convert raws to tiffs.
2. Load the tiffs as layers in Photoshop.
3. Align layers in Photoshop.
4. Crop off any blank spaces on edges.
5. Export layers as files.
6. Feed those layer files to SNS with no alignment in SNS.

This works well with SNS because SNS does not rely on EXIF data. The exported layers all have the same EXIF data. Photomatix uses EXIF data to judge exposure levels of images and does not like images with the same exposure data. You have to overide the exposure values in Photomatix.
Redcrown

Postby Murray Foote » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:29 pm

That's a useful tip!
Murray Foote

Postby fotolights.de » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:06 am

Thank you for the tip!

I had this problem before. I did a hdr in high wind, so I thought it could have been the wind.
The auto-alignment of SNS2-A3 can be fooled, when there is a lot of sky (or structureless area) and little structure in one part of the picture (about 2:1 or 3:1).

Here is the former picture with no auto-alignment:

alignment2_no_auto_alignment.jpg
alignment2_no_auto_alignment.jpg (313.14 KiB) Viewed 9065 times

And here is the picture with PS-alignment before and then no auto-alignment in SNS A3

alignment2_no_auto_alignment.jpg
alignment2_no_auto_alignment.jpg (313.14 KiB) Viewed 9065 times

Hard to say, which version is better (if there is a difference). I think the best way is to align the images wiht PS and then process them in SNS with no auto-alignment
Attachments
alignment2_no_ps_alignment.jpg
alignment2_no_ps_alignment.jpg (377.24 KiB) Viewed 9065 times
fotolights.de

Postby Marcosete » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:40 pm

Dear Sebastian,

After using the old version since 2011, I am enjoying very much SNS-HDR 2.0.
I love the improvements you have made, especially the faster processing and the remarkable natural results of the enhanced tone mapping, particularly with the dark/black colours. It is wonderful to have such a variety of adjustments to tweak the final tone mapping.

As a timelapse enthusiast, I appreciate very much that you recently added the Batch Process option for certain difficult high contrast scenes.

Nevertheless, I would like to point out a couple of things that don't work and I miss a lot!

1. The "Open image in external editor" option does not work. It actually triggers Photoshop CC 2015 executable, but it dfoes not load the image into it.

2. All the EXIF data of the image is lost after saving it, no matter if it's TIFF-16, TIFF-8 or JPEG. Actually, both the "Store EXIF data" and "Store GPS data"option tick boxes in the small query window just after saving, are disabled. Re-entering all the EXIF data again in every image becomes an annoying task! Please see screenshot for this:

Panta-000046.jpg
"Save EXIF data" option always disabled!
Panta-000046.jpg (21.85 KiB) Viewed 8981 times

Apart from these two points, everything else works like a charm for me.
Thank you again. Hopefully, you will be able to solve these small problems soon!
All the best,
Marcos
Marcosete

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:19 pm

Marcosete wrote:1. The "Open image in external editor" option does not work. It actually triggers Photoshop CC 2015 executable, but it dfoes not load the image into it.

Does it work with another editor?

Marcosete wrote:2. All the EXIF data of the image is lost after saving it, no matter if it's TIFF-16, TIFF-8 or JPEG. Actually, both the "Store EXIF data" and "Store GPS data"option tick boxes in the small query window just after saving, are disabled. Re-entering all the EXIF data again in every image becomes an annoying task!

The Exif data will be copied in the next version.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Marcosete » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:22 am

Hello Sebastian,
Thanks for your quick reply.
1. Yes, it works with another editors. I have tried with Lightroom 5 and Zoner Photo Studio 14, both x64.
It seems that Photoshop is the exception! I wonder why?
2. Great! I look forward to your next version.
Best regards
Marcos.
Marcosete

Postby V62 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:42 am

I'm using version 2 Alpha 3 and while trying to save the HDR image I have this error:
Saving image
Undefined Error

I can not save the image.
Is there any solution ?
Using Windows 10 and my PC has 16 GB of RAM.
thanks
Attachments
sshot-error.jpg
sshot-error.jpg (16.69 KiB) Viewed 8951 times
V62

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:16 pm

Cannot save the image in any format?
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania