SNS-HDR Pro 2.0 Alpha 1

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: SNS-HDR Pro 2.0 Alpha 1

Postby maciek » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:55 am

Sebastian,

Will chromatic abberation correction make it to SNS?

It seems to be my biggest annoyance when dealing with cheap lenses, the CA edges get a lot darker after tone mapping so then removing the CA doesn't fix it completely, and it never works as good as it would on RAW images.
maciek

Postby capricorn » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:07 pm

Why don't you use a RAW processor to remove CAs, and let SNS-HDR run on thepre-processed 16-bit TIFFs?
capricorn

Postby phil68 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:22 pm

As said, there is NO problem to fix the aberrations AFTER SNS-Process!
I mean, that is not a "must"...My opinion
Phil
phil68

Postby mhardisty » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Has anyone been able to export from Lightroom directly to SNS. I've set up an export preset , which starts SNS but the files from Lightroom never make it to SNS
mhardisty

Postby den » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:48 pm

Sebastian: Is it possible to obtain a 32-bit compile of the newer 2.0 alpha?

My operating system is 32-bit Vista and generally my image sets comprise 3 exposures each exposure image typically 16 mega-pixels and 96 mega-bytes.

...den...
den

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:07 pm

maciek wrote:Sebastian,
Will chromatic abberation correction make it to SNS?

Yes, I will try to implement CA correction

den wrote:Sebastian: Is it possible to obtain a 32-bit compile of the newer 2.0 alpha?

I do not plan to release version 32-bit at this moment. The source code of SNS 2.0 has been optimized for speed and uses large memory blocks. Allocating large memory blocks is problematic in 32-bit operating system.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby russellsnr2 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:43 pm

mhardisty wrote:Has anyone been able to export from Lightroom directly to SNS. I've set up an export preset , which starts SNS but the files from Lightroom never make it to SNS

Old but works for me
https://github.com/michaelkoetter/snshdr_lightroom
Russ
russellsnr2

Postby capricorn » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:36 am

Russ,

does the plugin work for you using 2.0 Alpha???

For me, it doesn't. Using the plugin, SNS opens blank, ie without any input files. Moreover, I cannot get LR to work with 2.0 Alpha even performing the individual worksteps manually, because LR6 refuses to recognise the resulting TIFF file as valid. See my earlier post in this thread, and the one by nunofran who is experiencing the same problem.

With 1.x the plugin is working well.

Karsten
capricorn

Postby russellsnr2 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:14 pm

capricorn wrote:Russ,

does the plugin work for you using 2.0 Alpha???

For me, it doesn't. Using the plugin, SNS opens blank, ie without any input files. Moreover, I cannot get LR to work with 2.0 Alpha even performing the individual worksteps manually, because LR6 refuses to recognise the resulting TIFF file as valid. See my earlier post in this thread, and the one by nunofran who is experiencing the same problem.

With 1.x the plugin is working well.

Karsten

Hi, It will not work with the A2 as it was created 2012. I replied as the question I thought was about L/R to SNS as there is no mention of A2 in that quetion posted. As I see it we have to hope that either Sebastian can come up with an option or that Michael Kötter is still around and rises to the challenge and can re-vamp his plug-in ;) . Russ
russellsnr2

Postby capricorn » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:33 pm

An even improved plugin (I have at least one suggestion ;-) that Sebastian would provide along with SNS would of course be very much welcome. Anyway, if the interface of SNS-HDR V2 can be kept stable wrt V1 we can continue to use the existing plugin without the need for anybody to modify anything. Let see :-)
capricorn

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania