SNS-HDR Pro 2.0 Alpha 1

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: SNS-HDR Pro 2.0 Alpha 1

Postby capricorn » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:50 am

Sebastian, any news regarding the TIFF import issue? Do you need any further inputs or assist?

I really would like to further explore the capabilities of the new alpha, but not even being able to manually perform the steps LR -> SNS-HDR -> LR is a blocking point for me.

Regards
Karsten
capricorn

Postby russellsnr2 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:17 am

Bart_van_der_Wolf wrote:
russellsnr2 wrote:Hi, I asked back on the Sun May 17, 2015
"Sebastian any word on the option to transfer Radiance Files into the new SNS-HDR please"
The reply was "You have to wait for the version 2.0 beta"
Tried the 2.0 A1 and still cannot load a radience file. (File not reconised) :(

Hi Russ,

Alpha is not yet Beta, so there is still hope ;)

Kidding aside, 'EXR' is superior over 'Radiance' for realistically tonemapped HDRI, so I hope that Sebastian keeps supporting that as well.

Cheers,
Bart

Hi, Trying to keep positive on this as use it a lot but in previous versions of SNS-HDR it takes ages to open just one image of a radienece file (will be looking at the EXR file option and hold my hands up here, did not no it was available from the other software I use).
Russ
russellsnr2

Postby Redcrown » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:28 am

Another video showing analysis of SNS 2.0 vs SNS 1.x and other HDR options.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVYD06lG7PM
(best at full screen, 1080p)

Apparently I'm the only one who finds the SNS 2.0 tonemapping a step backwards from 1.x. So maybe I need a tutorial on how to best use the new version. Please show me how you use it, maybe with examples of your processing using SNS 2.0 vs 1.x with explanation of why you think SNS 2.0 is better.

So far, comments in this thread have talked about the improved speed, 360 panos, batch processing, white balance, deghosting, noise reduction, and user interface changes. There are little or no comments about the most important parts of HDR, which are the merge and tonemapping.
Redcrown

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:53 am

Thanks for this video. Can you share me these source images?
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Redcrown » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:25 am

Sebastian,

Here are the input files used in my video. The full 16bit tiffs zipped to 450 megabytes. Too much to be uploading and downloading. So I converted the original raw files to the lossy DNG format. That zip (below) is only 32 megabytes. The lossy DNG format is very good and I don't think it will change the results from HDR processing.

Plus, these DNGs will have my custom camera profile embedded. And you can re-convert them in ACR and change anything you want.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/621 ... inputs.zip
Redcrown

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:59 pm

Thanks, I'll check this.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby phil68 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:05 am

Hi Sebastian!

Is the point "store EXIF Data" not working at the moment?
See below
Unbenannt.JPG
Unbenannt.JPG (15.01 KiB) Viewed 9847 times

Phil
phil68

Postby herbsi » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:49 am

I use sns-hdr free version only for 5-10 images a year. For this it is the best I found. Now I'm invited to test the new beta. Why should I work for you, give my results and experience and there is no possibillity to save my photo? A code for the beta, is it so difficult? If you make it only in that way to buy a code you must not wonder that only few people use it. Please think about that. :cry:
herbsi

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:13 pm

phil68 wrote:Hi Sebastian!
Is the point "store EXIF Data" not working at the moment?

Not working yet.

herbsi wrote:I use sns-hdr free version only for 5-10 images a year. For this it is the best I found. Now I'm invited to test the new beta. Why should I work for you, give my results and experience and there is no possibillity to save my photo? A code for the beta, is it so difficult? If you make it only in that way to buy a code you must not wonder that only few people use it. Please think about that. :cry:

I'm sorry, I can not share unlocked version for all.
Send me your name on email, I will generate a license key for you.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby russellsnr2 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:22 pm

herbsi wrote:I use sns-hdr free version only for 5-10 images a year. For this it is the best I found. Now I'm invited to test the new beta. Why should I work for you, give my results and experience and there is no possibillity to save my photo? A code for the beta, is it so difficult? If you make it only in that way to buy a code you must not wonder that only few people use it. Please think about that. :cry:

Hi, You come here on your first day with a first posting to get something for free and yet you have not put anything into the program or the forum at all so why should you expect Sebastian is to give you a code when you don't even buy the previous product?
Contribute first then request something for free that is how it works.
Russ.
russellsnr2

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania