Suggestions for new features

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: Suggestions for new features

Postby russellsnr2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:11 pm

Roger wrote:Hi Russ,

Thanks for the follow-up. I see now that you were not saying that SNS-HDR's deghosting was good, just that it was superior to PTgui. Yesterday and today I have been playing with PTgui's HDR functions, and they are not awful. They are actually pretty good. Good enough for a first quick run-through to see if it's worth doing something more troublesome. But I must agree that it is no Ghost Buster. Unfortunately Sebastian is on record as saying that improved deghosting will not come with the impending upgrade. That's the upgrade that has been "impending" since LAST summer. <sad smile>

What is really annoying to me is that Sebastian is showing off on another forum (Photocamel) what the up coming new version of the software can do but here on HIS own forum/site not a word, no updates on progress and I find that not only strange but very rude towards those of us who purchased the software in the first place. I undedrstand and accept the software development is a slow practice but customer relations over the net cost a couple of minutes of time to write!!!!
russellsnr2

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Russell,
I do not show on Photocamel what is in the new version. I only there tests the new version with other images.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby russellsnr2 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Sebastian Nibisz wrote:Russell,
I do not show on Photocamel what is in the new version. I only there tests the new version with other images.

Hi, Yes I no that and I did not state that it was a new version I said that and I quote "what the up coming new version of the software can do"
the important words are 'up coming'
As you have stated on Photocamei "Processed in the SNS-HDR Pro (future version)."
All I am pointing out is that you as the owner and admin of this forum it would be nice to read from you "Processed in the SNS-HDR Pro (future version)." here on the SNS-HDR Forum rather than on a website that many here maybe do not even no is there!!
russellsnr2

Postby Qbass71 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:20 pm

Something new on new year?
Qbass71

Postby maciek » Sat May 02, 2015 8:36 pm

I have a couple of suggestions.

Support for 32 bit files - either tiff or exr - so that blending can be done in any other software and then SNS can be used for tone mapping.

Snapshots - saving of snapshots with the current settings - so that different kind of settings can be compared, kind of like presents but they are only for the current image and disappear after the image is closed.

History panel - history of changes made to the image

Both snapshots and history panels are used in software like RawTherapee or Lightroom.
maciek

Postby russellsnr2 » Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Hi,Of the two options in the world of HDR I find that Fusion gives more realistic results than tone map in most if not all of the HDR programs I have dabbled with.
Out of the 6 Presets offered with SNS-HDR the Natural preset seems to be closets to a Fusion image but is still a toned map image I beleive.
Would it be was possible to include an option for Fusion instead of Tone Map? that would be great.
Thank You
Russ.
russellsnr2

Postby maciek » Tue May 19, 2015 6:59 pm

russellsnr2 wrote:Hi,Of the two options in the world of HDR I find that Fusion gives more realistic results than tone map in most if not all of the HDR programs I have dabbled with.
Out of the 6 Presets offered with SNS-HDR the Natural preset seems to be closets to a Fusion image but is still a toned map image I beleive.
Would it be was possible to include an option for Fusion instead of Tone Map? that would be great.
Thank You
Russ.

IMO exposure fusion doesn't create high dynamic range image but a low dynamic range one It cannot compress the tones, it will always clip some shadows or/and highlights.
SNS' present LDR would be probably closer to that.
Personally i could never get satisfying results with exposure fusion, especially for real estates i'd always get some darkening around highlights, especially visible on window frames.

You could always try mixing the SNS final result with a developed RAW image or jpg from the camera, though that is more time consuming.
maciek

Postby Aram » Sat May 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi, i don't know if someone suggested this before. but i really wish there is more control and options in the batch process.

Like specifying brightness, microdetails, etc of the final result of all pictures.
Aram

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Sat May 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Aram wrote:Hi, i don't know if someone suggested this before. but i really wish there is more control and options in the batch process.
Like specifying brightness, microdetails, etc of the final result of all pictures.

You can set the parameters for the batch process.
1. Load some image.
2. Set the parameters,
3. Run the batch processing.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Aram » Mon May 25, 2015 10:51 am

You can set the parameters for the batch process.
1. Load some image.
2. Set the parameters,
3. Run the batch processing.

Aha, ok i'll give it a try. thanks alot
Aram

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania