Suggestions for new features

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: Suggestions for new features

Postby Roger » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:47 am

Thank you. That is very clear. Well over a year ago, when I first suggested that deghosting needed to be improved, you replied that it was planned for the next update. Now I see it will not be included. Do you believe that deghosting is satisfactory? Or do you plan to improve it in some distant future? (Not TOO distant, I hope!).

Roger
Roger

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:30 pm

The function of remove ghost will not be in the first update, because this update will not be contain all new functions. The first update will be contain a new tone mapping algorithms, new parameters and support for the GPU.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Roger » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:12 am

Thank you, Sebastian. I will continue to use Photomatix's truly excellent deghosting and SNS-HDR's truly excellent tone-mapping and controls! Oh yes, along with ACR's excellent CA removal. I am grateful that these wonderful tools are all available, even though I still wish they were all available in the same program!

Roger
Roger

Postby Robert Lesac » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:38 am

Sebastian Nibisz wrote:The function of remove ghost will not be in the first update, because this update will not be contain all new functions. The first update will be contain a new tone mapping algorithms, new parameters and support for the GPU.

Sebastian, how about EXR output support? It shouldn't be much of a problem to implement and would help greatly with file sizes, TIFF is just too big and JPEG to lossy :|

Another wish is some kind of vignetting control.
Currently it compounds the vignetting problem (tried de-vignetting first, but it produces even worse artifacts), and de-vingetting after tonemapping is a problem as SNS will apply different strength based on the content in the photos.

Well EXR support should be straight forward :)

Looking forward to the new version!
Please post some updates of the work in progress!
Robert Lesac

Postby phidias81 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:54 am

I don't know if it was already said earlier, but it would be amazing (but I don't know if technically feasible with so many formats) if in the processing from one single shot, it would be possible to set the parameters not only in "absolute mode" but also in relative mode, relative to the settings in the camera, in particular white balance. This would be really useful doing batch processing!
And it would be also nice to have the possibility to batch process with different parameters: in example to select 3 different presets, and to process 100 photos all togheter and as a result 3 different versions for each photo.
phidias81

Postby V62 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:11 am

Output file in 32 bits for postprocesing in Photoshop, or Camera Raw.
V62

Postby JamesDCrowe » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:12 am

I know this has been asked many times, but I think EXR output would be the last missing piece in an absolutely fantastic piece of software. It would dramatically narrow the data stream for work flows on bracketed gigapixel stitched images. If you could stitch pre-merged pre-deghosted exrs in your stitching program rather than stitching the bracketed images and saving out an EXR from there, not to mention that SNS's deghosting is far superior to that of PTGUI producing a far cleaner image. I'm currently experimenting with this work flow but have to use photomatix to create the EXR's, prestitch. I have far more confidence in the deghosting method in SNS than in Photomatix and would love to be able to do the job here instead.

Thanks
JamesDCrowe

Postby Roger » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:53 am

Are we using different versions of SNS-HDR, I wonder? I love and prefer the tone mapping and controls of SNS-HDR over those of Photomatix, but have had to go back to Photomatix because of what I find to be its far superior deghosting. I am using the "home" version, not the "pro" version, so perhaps that's the difference.
Roger

Postby russellsnr2 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:11 am

Roger wrote:Are we using different versions of SNS-HDR, I wonder? I love and prefer the tone mapping and controls of SNS-HDR over those of Photomatix, but have had to go back to Photomatix because of what I find to be its far superior deghosting. I am using the "home" version, not the "pro" version, so perhaps that's the difference.

Hi Roger, Photomatix because of what I find to be its far superior deghosting!! AGREE 100%
I use Photomatix up to the deghosting option then save the image as a radiance file and open in SNS-HDR.
I am really hoping that when/if the new version of SNS-HDR is finally released that there is an update to deghosting.
Russ
russellsnr2

Postby Roger » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Hi Russ,

Thanks for the follow-up. I see now that you were not saying that SNS-HDR's deghosting was good, just that it was superior to PTgui. Yesterday and today I have been playing with PTgui's HDR functions, and they are not awful. They are actually pretty good. Good enough for a first quick run-through to see if it's worth doing something more troublesome. But I must agree that it is no Ghost Buster. Unfortunately Sebastian is on record as saying that improved deghosting will not come with the impending upgrade. That's the upgrade that has been "impending" since LAST summer. <sad smile>
Roger

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania