SNS-HDR been abandoned??

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

SNS-HDR been abandoned??

Postby Befouré » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:54 am

There's been no updates for over a year and emails to Sebastian are often ignored...
Do we have to take up matters with a higher authority to get issues resolved??
Pass on the program to somebody who is willing to maintain CUSTOMER SUPPORT! :roll:
Befouré

Re: SNS-HDR been abandoned??

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Advertising, only advertising is important today. I can't afford advertising, so I can't compete even with worse HDR software. I see no sense in improving the software when the quality of the product does not matter.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby mak_kawa » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:24 pm

Hi Sebastian

I feel sad a bit to read your comment.

I am using such HDR softwares as Photomatix, easyHDR, AuroraHDR, HDR Efex, Lightroom Photo Merge, and SNS-HDR. And...I really love SNS-HDR because it can make non-HDR-like naturally restored photo-images which other HDR softwares can not output.

I often visit Retouching forum on the DPRreview site. In their topics about HDR software, SNS-HDR is always mentioned in favourable context.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/61020451
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/59632759

Sometimes "Which HDR sotware do you use/like?" poll is conducted at the forum. In such poll, SNS-HDR gets about 10 % of share. It's not a bad figure compared with other HDR softwares.

IMHO, current shortage of SNS-HDR is the "lens correction" function as chromatic aberration and distortion corrections. Currrently I do HDR processing of RAW data in SNS-HDR, export to tiff image, and operate lens corrections in Lightroom. I would be really happy if SNS-HDR implemented such features using Lens-fun database or RAW-embbeded profile.

Anyway, if SNS-HDR has been unfortunately abondoned/discontinued, I will continue to use the current version of SNS-HDR until it ceases its operation for some OS-compatiblibity reason. That's all I do.
mak_kawa

Postby phil68 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:05 am

Sebastian:

You wrote: " I see no sense in improving the software when the quality of the product does not matter."

Maybe you're right, but why not work on some features like lens correction or interactive ghost reduction?
This software will die if you do nothing, sorry!!
If it is a matter of money, why not ask the user to give extra money???

I don't understand this....

Phil
phil68

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:55 am

Phil, I haven't completely abandoned SNS-HDR, but I have less and less time to develop this software. The project must earn. I tried to make the software stand out due to the quality of the generated images and I focused on it, but this does not increase popularity. I get many thank you messages for SNS-HDR, that's very nice. But on the internet I only see tests and news about Aurora HDR, it's frustrating. I will not ask users of the SNS-HDR for money, they have already paid for license.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby mak_kawa » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:21 am

Hi Sebastian

Maybe such post is unnecessary for you and this forum, but...

Aurora HDR is a great software of a big(?) company. I think, you should not care about Aurora or other software and also their advertisement tactics. It is almost meaningless. SNS-HDR is SNS-HDR, that's all.

What I hope to SNS-HDR are...1) constant update for new RAW-support (LibRaw-dependent?), 2) implementation of lens-correction functions if possible, as I already said, and 3) very minor improvement for comfortable usage like preference settings for "saving directory" and "postfix for saved filename".

But I am not going to claim these request as a SNS-HDR user. I just only wait and see even if SNS-HDR is going to be abondoned/discontinued.
mak_kawa

Postby Befouré » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:26 pm

Sebastian Nibisz wrote:Advertising, only advertising is important today. I can't afford advertising, so I can't compete even with worse HDR software. I see no sense in improving the software when the quality of the product does not matter.

I don't understand these statements about advertising.
Can you not find investors? Maybe somebody in these groups is willing to support it?
Befouré

Postby mmreed » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:46 am

Sebastian,

With the huge surge in people jumping into virtual tours and 360 panoramic shots, what about focusing niche advertising to that market? Nick Powell is a huge advocate of your software, and is connected with 3Dvista tour platform. WHat if you teamed up with several of the virtual tour software platforms and offered your HDR software to the users?

Its a huge market today.
mmreed

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:34 am

I'll take a look at it.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Poptime » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:51 pm

Here's an idea. Update SNS-HDR to accept plug ins. And then create plug-ins that you can charge for. If they are good and I can use them I would pay, IMO SNS-HDR is the best. One idea might be a night photography/night sky plug in.
Poptime

Next

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania