360 panorama workflow

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

360 panorama workflow

Postby michael » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi

I'm relatively new to SNS-HDR and 360/180 pano creation, and I believe there's no manual. I think there are some people here with great experience. I'd like to ask what HDR workflow others are using?

(a) merge +2/0/-2 component images and stitch using external stitcher -> export equirect as .hdr file -> import to SNS-HDR for processing using 360 pano mode? or
(b) merge +2/0/-2 component images and stitch using external stitcher -> export equirect as +2/0/-2 layers -> import to SNS-HDR for processing using 360 pano mode? or
(c) batch process +2/0/-2 component images into HDR tiles using SNS-HDR -> stitch those tiles using external stitcher

I think (c) is not preferred since I've read on the forum here that the 360° option is for a stitched panorama, not component images, but seems like some have been successful with that (which is the reason I upgraded to pro to get batch mode).

Thanks for any tips.
michael

Re: 360 panorama workflow

Postby JPS » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:08 pm

IMO, the best way is to FIRST batch-convert the RAW files to TIF, and get rid of CA, then batch-load the files in SNS-HRD ! Choose the quality you want SNS-HDR to convert to, "Default", "Interior", *Landscape", etc...
After that, load the files in PTGui (or other stitching software), and save the result in TIF. Then load the equirectangular image in Photoshop, clean the eventual spots, adjust Vibrance, Contrast, etc... and sharpen. Finally save in TIF, then reasave in JPG, to get a smaller file !

Cheers.
J-O,
Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/scherrer - Spherical Panoramas (360x180°): http://www.viewat.org/?sec=pn&id_aut=2489
STUFF: Nikon D810, V1 + a few lens
JPS

Postby michael » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:11 am

Dear J-O

Thanks so much - it really helped!

Cheers,

Michael.
michael

Postby Escalante » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:40 pm

Is the file size substantially lower when you do it like that btw?
This is why I'll say I love these teeth whitening kits because they worked for me.
Escalante

Postby Befouré » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:00 am

Photomerge in Photoshop is better than PTgui.
Befouré

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania