Update Performance?

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Update Performance?

Postby russellsnr2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:01 am

Asking the question without much hope but!!
Is/Will there be an update anytime soon as now compared to other HDR softwares SNS-HDR is falling IMO way behind on performance, it takes or seems to take ages from opening 3 X Images and seeing the final output from SNS-HDR but in saying that it still and again IMO gives the best result/s out the box. Thankyou, Russ.
russellsnr2

Re: Update Performance?

Postby humenbean » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Sorry nobody answered you. Honestly, this program does a lot more behind the curtains than other software. You literally will not find another HDR software that matches what this can output for realistic HDR. Quality takes time. That's why Lightroom's HDR takes 1/4 of the time, and looks terrible in comparison.

Part of it is your PC as well. This thing is a hog, so if you give it more power, it will only get faster.
humenbean

Postby russellsnr2 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:59 am

Hi, Thaks for at least letting me no there is still someone on this forum who is alive :D :lol:
Been a user of the software since early 2012 and agree with you that for a natural image straight out the box it is hard to beat.
Am waiting the arrival of a new computer so will see if that has any effect on the speed side of things.
Again thankyou for your reply.
Russs.
russellsnr2

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:59 pm

I was thinking about the implementation of 100% calculations on the graphics card, but now cheap can buy a processor with a large number of cores.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby russellsnr2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:18 am

Now have a better spec computer and SNS loads and runs faster so looks like slow running was maybe at my end :oops:
Russ.
russellsnr2

Postby humenbean » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Sebastian Nibisz wrote:I was thinking about the implementation of 100% calculations on the graphics card, but now cheap can buy a processor with a large number of cores.

Sebastian,

Have you done any testing to showcase how this software works with X processor vs Y processor? Same for Graphics Cards?

I'm using a 7700k with a 1070 for example, and it'd be nice to know what the increase would be if going to a 9900k. More cores, more power, but I'd hate to spend an extra $800 on a new cpu / board / ram if I'm only looking at a 10% performance increase.

I'll end up doing my own testing overtime, but I would kill for you guys to work with someone like Puget Systems. I was going to try and talk to them myself anyway, since people like me are jumping ship from Adobe to stuff like this and Capture One.
humenbean

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Processing speed is linearly dependent on the cores number, you can expect a double acceleration for I9-9900.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby paulrumohr » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:11 pm

Hello Sebastian,

I'm building a new PC and wanted to get your opinion on the new AMD Ryzen processors... In particular the Ryzen 7 with 8 cores and 16 threads for currently about $400.

Is there anything about the way SNS and AMD work together that would limit the CPUs in any way (ie hardware or software incompatibilities)?

I guess my logical follow up question would be with such powerful CPUs, do i really need the highest end graphics cards available as well?

If I recall, SNS uses mostly CPU processing power.

Thanks!
paulrumohr

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:26 pm

The SNS-HDR does not use optimizations for Intel processors. The new AMD Ryzen will be a good choice, especially the 9 series.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Befouré » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:58 am

russellsnr2 wrote:Asking the question without much hope but!!
Is/Will there be an update anytime soon as now compared to other HDR softwares SNS-HDR is falling IMO way behind on performance, it takes or seems to take ages from opening 3 X Images and seeing the final output from SNS-HDR but in saying that it still and again IMO gives the best result/s out the box. Thankyou, Russ.

You are wasting your time Russ! Sebastian has simply abandoned ship! It's a damn shame as it's a great program. Perhaps he could sell the program to others who can further improve it! Stop restricting users Seb!
Befouré

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania