Suggestions for new features

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Suggestions for new features

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:14 pm

Please post in this thread your suggestions for new features.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions for new features

Postby markdfink » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:36 pm

I'd like to add processing of video files. What I'm thinking is to import a video file as one item, navigate to a frame that has all the examples of what I'm trying to fix, both shadows and highlights, adjust that frame to get the best look, then apply that to the rest of the frames in the video.

This would be a lot less painful than my experiment today with extracting TIFF images from a video, using Lightroom to create different sets of exposures, running those sets through SNS-HDR, then recombining those HDR TIFF's into a movie. That process loses the audio associated with the movie.
markdfink

Postby phil68 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:26 am

Hi!

Interresting for me are 2 points:
after loading the brackets and before tone mapping:
- to have the possibility for noise filtering
- also the possibilty to control chromatic aberrations

Regards,

Phil
phil68

Postby Jerzy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:30 am

Podstawa to redukcja szumów. Przydałoby się również rozjaśnianie cieni. Używam tego programu do fotografii wnętrz jak coraz więcej fotografów specjalizujących się w tym temacie. Nie oczekuję aby to był kombajn do wszystkiego i nie chcę tego.
Jerzy

Postby markdfink » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:53 pm

I was thinking along the same lines as well. Maybe this should be developed as a separate program, SNS-HDR for Video, and not adding on to the existing SNS-HDR for still images. While many of us shoot both stills and video, I'd hate to see SNS-HDR for still images negatively affected by development and troubleshooting caused by adding on support for video. I'd be more than willing to purchase a separate stand-alone SNS-HDR that was dedicated to video.
markdfink

Scrolling through presets

Postby mgg » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:49 pm

My suggestion is a very modest one - to be able to move through the list of presets without using the mouse. That is, via the keyboard.
Mike.
mgg

Postby vinz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:16 am

1. The ability to create preset categorie that we can collaspe or expand
2. manual deghosting by selection mask.
3. better denoising control post processing by painting the strenght of denoising directly on picture.
and optional the ability uniformize picture denoising by adding grain.
4. ( i know you won't like it but anyway ) The possibility to switch between Opencl and Cuda ( cuda is faster than Opencl on Nvidia card, and is more stable )
5. improve saving stability, ( i personnaly had a lot of trouble when saving my work, when i'm in border line of memory )
6. ( a little out but ) the ability to have the SuperResolution Algorithm inside sns, to denoise and improve image quality.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superresolution
vinz

Postby rickyloca » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:40 am

Hi,

I have a couple of dreams to make this software even better:

-Possibility to export into .hdr and OpenExr formats
-Read metadatas from RAW files
-Panorama stitching

Am I too fussy? :P

Ricky
rickyloca

Postby Mustang Joe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:50 pm

I suggest adding the ability to define and save window layout workspaces. For example, I have a dual monitor setup with my control windows on the second monitor. If any of those windows get accidentally moved (which happens quite often) then it would be nice to just re-select that layout to put things back to the way they should be. Also, it would make switching between single and dual monitor display mode much easier.
Mustang Joe

Postby den » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:01 pm

I would find it very helpful when SNS-HDR's "dcraw.exe" does an image or image set conversion from RAW to have the following options available:
(1) -C <r b> ................Reduce lateral Chromatic Aberration with a red/blue shift
(2) -P <"badpixel.txt"> ...Fix the dead/stuck pixels listed in this file
(3) -m <num> ..............Apply a 3x3 median filter to R-G and B-G

"-n <num> Set threshold for wavelet denoising" is already available but would like to be able to set for a lower value than SNS-HDR's n1 option of "dcraw.exe -n 50".

The fix dead/stuck pixels would be incredibly useful for those images that are RAW converted that have exposures longer than 2 seconds... ...especially for those of us that have older cameras!

Thank you for the consideration... ...den...
den

Next

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania