RAW files for Canon 5D Mk 4

If you found a bug, please tell us about it.
Jeżeli znalazłeś błąd, poinformuj nas o tym.

RAW files for Canon 5D Mk 4

Postby westerncanadian » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:28 am

SNS Pro can't process the RAW file codec used by the Canon 5D Mk 4 camera. SNS proceeds through all the steps but produces pink coloured images.
westerncanadian

Re: RAW files for Canon 5D Mk 4

Postby den » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:47 pm

The current "'dcraw.exe' v9-27" used by SNS-HDR does not support the 5D-Mk4... ...a dcraw update from DCoffin is needed and is not yet available.

Current supported camera list may be found towards the bottom of the web page here: http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/

Suggest using an alternate raw converter [Canon's DPP with its available specific camera/lens aberration corrections] and importing the resulting 16-bit tiffs into SNS-HDR.

...den...
den

Postby westerncanadian » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:03 pm

Thank you. I can do that. FYI I use Affinity photo processing software (don't like the software company whose name is "Mud") and Affinity has an embedded HDR capability which does process RAW files from the Canon 5D Mk 4. Affinity supports the Canon 5D Mk 4 RAW files in all of its processing.
The Canon DPP software is so painfully slow that I stopped using it at version 3.
westerncanadian

Postby aparis99 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:48 pm

I'm using a 5Dmk4 and I don't have any issues, though the DCRAW website still doesn't list it.
aparis99

Return to Bug Reports / Zgłaszanie błędów