How to questions

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

How to questions

Postby terrym » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Hi,
I've been using SNS-Home since July but cannot work out how to use the panorama function. When I load a set of images with 360 Panorama selected, a panorama is not created but an overlay of all the images. How do I do it correctly please?

I have just down-loaded the trial of version 1.4 and see there is a Mask feature. I would like some explanation of what this is for, how it is used and what situations are likely to require it?

When is a Help system to be implemented and/or manual to be issued?

Thanks,
Terry
terrym

Re: How to questions

Postby Bart_van_der_Wolf » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:13 pm

terrym wrote:Hi,
I've been using SNS-Home since July but cannot work out how to use the panorama function. When I load a set of images with 360 Panorama selected, a panorama is not created but an overlay of all the images. How do I do it correctly please?

Hi Terry,

SNS-HDR is not a pano stitcher. The 360 option makes sure that an image that's already in the equirectangular projection (360x180 degrees) get even brightness where the left and right ends meet. I haven't tried it yet (I use SNS-HDR to tonemap the individual tiles before stitching) but perhaps it also makes sure that the zenith and nadir edges have uniform brightness.

I have just down-loaded the trial of version 1.4 and see there is a Mask feature. I would like some explanation of what this is for, how it is used and what situations are likely to require it?

You can use that if you want a different effect for part of the image (e.g. a lighter or darker sky) than the overall effect.

Cheers,
Bart
Bart_van_der_Wolf

Postby terrym » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:22 pm

SNS-HDR is not a pano stitcher.

Thanks for that. Not having a manual or a Help system means new users have to try and hope they learn by their mistakes. :roll:
You can use that if you want a different effect for part of the image (e.g. a lighter or darker sky) than the overall effect.
You can use that if you want a different effect for part of the image

Thanks again. I did eventually work that one out by playing. It is more like a selection rather than a mask.

Is there any way to change the size of the brush?
Terry
terrym

Postby Bart_van_der_Wolf » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:01 am

terrym wrote:Is there any way to change the size of the brush?

Hi Terry,

The size of the selection brush outline is fixed, so you need to zoom in (e.g. with mouse scroll wheel) to select a smaller detail area. While a little unconventional, it actually makes a lot of sense IMHO. When the detail gets smaller you need a better look at it to position the mouse or tablet pen more accurately and see what you are doing. It also allows to immediately correct if the mask spills too far into the area that should be left un-masked by using the right mouse button click to erase the mask from the other side of an edge.

This new mask functionality and the required zoom-in does call for a new functionality, a way to easily scroll the image without having to pull on the edge sliders. I'm sure Sebastian can think of a clever method to implement such functionality.

Cheers,
Bart
Bart_van_der_Wolf

Postby terrym » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:49 am

Bart,
Thanks again for the information.
I've been practising - it's quite a clever and easy to use system.
Terry
terrym

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania