...near Monochrome SNS-HDR...

Made an image in SNS-HDR and want to show it off? This is the place!
Wykonałeś zdjęcie w SNS-HDR i chcesz je pokazać innym? To jest odpowiednie miejsce!

...near Monochrome SNS-HDR...

Postby den » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Just curious... ..has anyone with an interest in very low saturated [tints] monochrome images experimented with SNS-HDR's tone-mapping Presets?

My attempt...
... a single CR2 file was SNS-HDR Pro [v1.4.22.1] converted with a Raw Noise reduction of 1 and modified Night tone mapping preset settings as follow:
Sharpening = 50;
Color Temperature = 5;
Saturation = -99; and
Lights Saturation = -100

The result after a crop for composition, down-sizing and re-sharpening with an external editor for web posting [Lower Yellowstone River Falls and Canyon]...
IMG_0991_SNS-HDR_night_lowSaturation_warmColorTemp.jpg
IMG_0991_SNS-HDR_night_lowSaturation_warmColorTemp.jpg (199.68 KiB) Viewed 10648 times

My goal was to approximate a slightly saturated tint, high contrast monochrome image approaching an AgfaPortriga tint [or a very low saturated Sepia tint] as my preference for landscapes is to be slightly warmer than true Black/White...

A color version SNS-HDR development of this image was previously offered/described here:
http://www.sns-hdr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1949 and final version
http://www.ncplus.net/~birchbay/13/IMAGEsbyDEN_13_96.htm

...den...
den

Re: ...near Monochrome SNS-HDR...

Postby den » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:38 pm

I don't normally bump threads but... ...I came across the following book in my local county library that was of extreme interest on this topic... ...and perhaps of interest to others...

Monochromatic HDR Photography” by Harold Davis; © 2014, Focal Press; ISBN 978-0-415-83145-1: ‘Shooting and Processing Black & White High Dynamic Range Photos’…

In it, Mr. Davis illustrates/describes:
...(1) Learning to see in black and white …
...(2) Manual or automated RAW conversions to a color HDR image of bracketed, sequenced RAW exposure files using: Adobe Camera Raw; Lightroom; HDR Efex Pro; Photomatix; Photoshop …
...(3) Enhancing the color HDR image …
...(4) Monochromatic conversion using: Best practices; Photoshop Channel Mixer; Nik Silver Efex Pro …
...(5) Final monochromatic HDR image [RGB or CMYK color space] …
...(6) Fine art printing …

My own adaptation is described here: "Creating_Monochrome_HDR_Images.pdf" at http://www.ncplus.net/~birchbay/tutorials/bw/Creating_Monochrome_HDR_Images.pdf [750KB] ...if of interest...

Virtually created exposures of a single Fuji X100T camera RAF file:
DSCF0598_RAWconversion_Exposures.jpg
DSCF0598_RAWconversion_Exposures.jpg (92.89 KiB) Viewed 10048 times
Developed and converted to a 48-bit sRGB monochrome AfgaPortriga tint image version for printing:
DSCF0598-HDR(6)_1x1_modNight_Grain_AfgaPortriga_900px.jpg
DSCF0598-HDR(6)_1x1_modNight_Grain_AfgaPortriga_900px.jpg (209.48 KiB) Viewed 10048 times
Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, UT USA -- May 23, 2015 and a fortuitous lens flare!

...have fun exploring and experimenting...

...den...
den

Return to Show Off / Pochwal się