SNS-HDR Pro 2.0 Alpha 3

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: SNS-HDR Pro 2.0 Alpha 3

Postby capricorn » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:46 pm

I am eagerly waiting for this as well. Obviously version 2 does not support command line arguments yet.

Sebastian, can you make a statement by when you intend to add this feature? Also, will command line support be backwards compatible? If not the LR plugin users will need to find a way to get the plugin adapted...

Many thanks for your great work, Sebastian - I'm wishing you a very Happy New Year!!
capricorn

Postby Redcrown » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:39 pm

I've been traveling and out of touch. Happy to see Alpha3 when I came home.

In the previous discussion of Alpha1 I offered some videos that showed a few problems. I'm happy to report that the main problem is solved in Alpha3. No more artifacts (posterization, banding) with dark detail against bright backgrounds - fine tree branches against sky.

Thanks for listening, Sebastian, and good work on this issue.

Now I focus on alignment and deghosting. The alignment in Alpha3 seems OK. As good as other programs. Good enough to avoid pre-aligning images before input to SNS. But deghosting still remains a big problem.

SNS is no worse or no better than other programs (like Adobe or Photomatix). It is obvious that deghosting is a very difficult challenge that no one has solved. In most cases the results are not useable, and much manual cloning is needed to produce a final image.

The work-around solution is to do as much as possible to avoid ghosts. Shoot was few frames as possible and as fast as possible. Better to raise the ISO to get faster shutter speeds and deal with the noise than using low ISO and deal with ghosts.

I would recommend that you change the label "Priority brighter images". That term makes no sense to the English speaking audience. Especially when every other program calls it what it is - "Deghosting." While you may be giving priority to brighter images to do the deghosting, it is still just deghosting.
Redcrown

Postby dieter53 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi Sebastian,
I am back home again and I uploaded one of the exr files where Alpha 3 cannot treat the blacks.
You can find it here
http://filebin.net/xsfebetdld
The file is OK for version 1.4.22
Dieter
dieter53

Postby TrevorS87 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:27 am

Whenever I try to run a set of RAWS from my Sony A7rII this is the result I get. http://i.imgur.com/ATYsofC.jpg

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, not sure what the issues is here.
TrevorS87

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:05 am

Redcrown wrote:I would recommend that you change the label "Priority brighter images".

I'll change this label.

dieter53 wrote:You can find it here http://filebin.net/xsfebetdld

Thanks for the files, I will try to fix this.

TrevorS87 wrote:Whenever I try to run a set of RAWS from my Sony A7rII this is the result I get. http://i.imgur.com/ATYsofC.jpg

This camera is not supported yet.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby TrevorS87 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:47 am

Thank you for the quick reply Sebastian.

One more error I'm having, when processing TIFF files from my A7rII is when I select prioritize brighter exposures or the deghosting, I get random green areas in my images.

Here is an example http://imgur.com/nTYt6ez

any idea why the deghosting may be causing this issue? As I really want to be able to use the deghosting feature.

thanks again
TrevorS87

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:21 pm

What is the exposure step?
What is color space?
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby TrevorS87 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:39 pm

colorspace is sRGB, I shoot in RAW then convert to TIFF through camera raw.

Exposure step is 2. I do a 3 image bracket, -2, 0. +2
TrevorS87

Postby Whidbeypix » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:32 pm

A quick test indicates that this is successful with ARW files from my Sony A7RM2, which was not the case with the production version. I was getting strange color.

Thanks for that.
Whidbeypix

Postby Darkbeat » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:36 am

I have a Sony A7II and if you use compressed files, it works great, but if I use uncompressed files, the progam fails with a file with strange colors.
Darkbeat

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania