SNS-HDR v1.x

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: SNS-HDR v1.x

Postby Joghi » Tue May 05, 2015 8:42 pm

Thank you Redcrown for your testing & reporting. Your results make it not easier for Sebastian, because the only solution for me is to let the user choose which deghosting algorithm has to be used, depending on the scenery the one with better ghost-removing or the other one with much less noise.

greez Joghi
Joghi

Postby den » Tue May 05, 2015 10:11 pm

As not all image captures and scenes are created equal… …perhaps we should not overly burden an excellent image blending/tone mapping program [or the software developer] with features that may be better resolved with thoughtful photography techniques [minimized camera movement] and qualified scene selections [static]... ;-)

...den...
den

Postby hjulenissen » Wed May 06, 2015 6:33 am

Redcrown wrote:I understand. Adobe apparently chooses the darker of the ghosts and then raises the exposure of those pixels as needed, resulting in noise.

But in a merged image, I would much rather work on the noise than work on the ghosts.

Taken to the extreme (deal with noise rather than ghosts), this means abandoning exposure synthesis and rather rely on a single image.

-h
hjulenissen

Postby gbdp7 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:10 am

Can you put Batch Processing in the Beta please?
gbdp7

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Wed May 06, 2015 5:09 pm

gbdp7 wrote:Can you put Batch Processing in the Beta please?

It was not until version 2.0 beta.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby gbdp7 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:58 pm

Thanks Sebastian, do you have a link to V2 Beta please?
gbdp7

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Wed May 06, 2015 6:06 pm

This version is not yet available.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Joghi » Thu May 07, 2015 12:42 pm

I have to change my mind. I ´ve tested LR6 HDR with a typical night-scene in the city. As redcrown mentioned, deghosting worked fantastic mit LR6-HDR, but the noise in the deghosted areas is really horrible. Here are two 100%-crops out of one scene ...

LR6-HDR

SNS-Pro BETA

LR6-HDR

SNS-Pro BETA

greez Joghi
Joghi

Postby maciek » Thu May 07, 2015 5:28 pm

Had an error today with the v1.x
Just a pop up message while saving the image:
"Składnik zewnętrzny zgłosił wyjątek"

I couldn't save the image, also when i restarted the application, edited the image again, i couldn't save it either.
Worked fine after i restarted my computer.

Any idea why Sebastian?

It seems pretty random, i've been using it for nearly a week and haven't experienced it before.
maciek

Postby maciek » Thu May 07, 2015 5:31 pm

Joghi wrote:I have to change my mind. I ´ve tested LR6 HDR with a typical night-scene in the city. As redcrown mentioned, deghosting worked fantastic mit LR6-HDR, but the noise in the deghosted areas is really horrible. Here are two 100%-crops out of one scene ...

greez Joghi

I wonder, why doesn't it use those areas from the over-exposed images? Since they're shadows that would be the best image to use.
maciek

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania