Create preset with low res version

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Create preset with low res version

Postby markdfink » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Does the command line approach to running SNS HDR require less memory than the GUI? I'm running into issues where my computer doesn't have enough memory to process my images in SNS HDR. So, I was wondering if I processed them at lower resolution, using the x4 option, then saved the details of how I processed those images, could I process them at full resolution via the command line?

Mark
markdfink

Re: Create preset with low res version

Postby markdfink » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:46 pm

I've come up with a workaround solution. In PTGui, I stitch a full size image, such as a recent one that was 11345x15055 pixels in dimension. I also stitched a lower resolution version that was only 5000x6583 pixels. Since there were three exposures, for each stitch, I ended up with three separate TIFF images.

I tried combining the three full sized images in SNS HDR, but didn't have enough RAM to handle the job, so instead, I combined the three lower resolution images, getting just the right HDR blending. (GREAT software by the way!) I then created a new preset that I named the same as the image file and in the same directory as the images.

Next, I opened the full sized stitched images in Photoshop, they were all in one PSB file, each in its own layer. I chopped each layer into four smaller sections, each 6000x8000 pixels so that I had overlap. I then opened each group of sections in SNS HDR and applied the saved preset from earlier to get exactly the same blending as before. I saved these blended images as 16 bit TIFF images.

Finally, I created a new blank Photoshop file that was 11345x15055 pixels, the same as the original full sized stitch, and pasted the four sections in, each on its own layer. In hindsight, I should have had more overlap when I chopped the original file up because I could see some edge differences, but I was still able to put a layer mask on each layer and feather out the differences. I then flattened the layers and saved the TIFF. Comparing it to the 5000x6583 proved to me that they are identically blended.

Now, I need to find a way to automate some of this, especially since I have a few stitches that are significantly larger than this. Hope this helps!

Mark
markdfink

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania