Increase # of pictures in the semi-auto batch process

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Increase # of pictures in the semi-auto batch process

Postby wabe » Tue May 17, 2022 7:05 pm

hello Sebastian,
1) I am using your product a lot in the semi-automatic batch process. I noticed that it works on three images, then pauses and waits for my interaction. Is there a technical reason for this limitation to 3 pictures? If not, would it be possible to increase the number?

2) To store a picture and select the next one, you need to move the mouse over the blue double-arrow and press it (it reads "Verarbeitung folgenden Bild" "Verarbeitung nächstes Bild" would be grammatically more correct). Then the mouse pointer jumps back to the center of the screen. Would it be possible to use the keyboard, such as the ENTER key?

nice regards
wabe

Re: Increase # of pictures in the semi-auto batch process

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Wed May 18, 2022 5:50 am

1) There is no limitation here. How many files do you have in the source directory and what settings do you have in the batch processing window.

2) Currently the hotkey cannot be used, but I may change this in the next update.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby wabe » Wed May 18, 2022 9:10 am

hello Sebastian,
thank you for the quick answer
For the batch settings please see attached jpg file.
There are typically 50-100 files in the source directory

nice regards
Attachments
settings.JPG
batch settings
settings.JPG (41.07 KiB) Viewed 7109 times
wabe

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Wed May 18, 2022 9:23 am

Change the 'Belichtung' parameter if you want SNS-HDR to create HDR photos from other exposures number. The number of files in the directory must be a multiple of this parameter.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby wabe » Wed May 18, 2022 9:48 am

hi,
there may be a misunderstanding. I am not talking about the number of pictures in a set with different exposure times.

I am talking about the number of sets of (in this case three pictures with different expose times) the semi-automatic batch process works on. It creates 3 HDR pictures and then stops. It continues when the first picture is saved, but there are never more than 3 pictures in the queue
wabe

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Wed May 18, 2022 10:13 am

Can you show the progress bar after saving the first HDR image?
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby wabe » Wed May 18, 2022 6:36 pm

hi
I am not sure what you ask me to do and what you mean with progress bar
I loaded four picture sets into a sub-directory, each set consisting of three different exposures, and started the semi-auto batch process. SNS created the first 3 HDRs, then the CPU load for the SNS exe process went to Zero.
When I hit the blue double arrow, the center field stated "saving" (see screen1.jpg) and the next HDR showed, with the field right of the blue double arrow indicating "50% finished" (see screen2.jpg). SNS started to create the fourth HDR
Attachments
screen1.JPG
screen1.JPG (141.83 KiB) Viewed 7085 times
screen2.JPG
screen2.JPG (129.34 KiB) Viewed 7085 times
wabe

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Thu May 19, 2022 6:50 am

When an image is loaded into the editor only two images is processed in the background. Did you mean that in the first post? I wanted to reduce the memory consumption by the software. I could try to change that by making the amount of images processed in the background dependent on the available memory.

You can process images in two steps if this increases the processing time.
1. Start the automatic process with saving HDR images in SNS format.
2. Run a semi-automatic process on the source images in SNS format.

Images in SNS format do not need to be processed before loading into the editor.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby wabe » Thu May 19, 2022 10:15 am

hello Sebastian

"When an image is loaded into the editor only two images is processed in the background. Did you mean that in the first post?" yes

Your feedback solves the issue for me "1. Start the automatic process with saving HDR images in SNS format."

All images in the directory get processed and stored as projects and still allow any fine-tuning later on-if neccessary at all

Great, thank you for your help
wabe

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania