Timelapse problems on frames where exposure changes

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Timelapse problems on frames where exposure changes

Postby rgames » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:46 am

Hi - I've been using SNS-HDR for a number of years and it has always produced images of much better quality than the other HDR tools I've tried.

However, one recurring issue is when I'm doing a timelapse that has an exposure change. From one frame to the next where the exposure changes I often get what looks like a gamma shift in the SNS-generated images. The overall brightness is fine - highlights and shadows seem fine but there's a shift in the midtones that shows up as a sudden jump when assembled into a video. I'm attaching an image that shows the problem - the left side shows the frame before the exposure change and the right side is after the exposure change. The exposures are adjusted in ACR to match on key frames in the raw files then I have some code that tweaks the XMP data to give smooth changes. I then export TIFFs to batch process in SNS-HDR.

Has anyone run into this problem and found a workaround?

Thanks in advance,

rgames
Attachments
GammaShift.jpg
GammaShift.jpg (162.75 KiB) Viewed 3034 times
rgames

Re: Timelapse problems on frames where exposure changes

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:57 am

This may be due to the automatic luminance adjustment. Try to disable Auto luminance option.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania