SNS HDR Cuda & Roadmap

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

SNS HDR Cuda & Roadmap

Postby vinz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 am

Hi Sebastian,

at first, as it was already probably said, i want to thank you for time and skill you put in SNS,
this is for me the most awaited HDR tonemapper that i put my hands on, it does an amazing job !

secondly as the the title said, i would like to know if there is a plan to implement cuda , as lot of software
that i use, are using cuda now ( that's why now i put more money on a cg than a cpu ) ! it would be a huge improvement to have it in SNS...

and finaly , probably i'm blind , but i don't have found any roadmap concerning the SNS-HDR developpement and next features !

Many thanks,
vincent
:)
vinz

Re: SNS HDR Cuda & Roadmap

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 am

vinz wrote:at first, as it was already probably said, i want to thank you for time and skill you put in SNS,
this is for me the most awaited HDR tonemapper that i put my hands on, it does an amazing job !

Thanks.

vinz wrote:secondly as the the title said, i would like to know if there is a plan to implement cuda , as lot of software
that i use, are using cuda now ( that's why now i put more money on a cg than a cpu ) ! it would be a huge improvement to have it in SNS...

There is a plan to implement OpenCL.

vinz wrote:and finaly , probably i'm blind , but i don't have found any roadmap concerning the SNS-HDR developpement and next features !

The roadmap is not available on the web.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby vinz » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Ok, thanks Sebastian.

Even if we can't see to the roadmap, can you tell me/us in some few points the next majors features planned for SNS ?
vinz

Postby phil68 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:05 am

a MAC version!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
phil68

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Support for GPUs.
Support for AVX instructions.
Tools for postprocessing.
Video processing module.
Saving parameters of HDR images in the database.
Integrated image Explorer.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby vinz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Interresting, thanks for the infos sebastian,
:)
vinz

Postby Robert Lesac » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:11 pm

Any updates on the cuda/openCL support?

I found SNS-HDR works wonders on HDR timelapses, but alas processing thousands of images is painfully slow (i5@4.3GHz).
I could invest in an s2011 i7, but the gains would be marginal (2 more cores, say 40% best case) for a +1000eur expenditure.
Dual socket 2011 and 2x8 core Xeons would yield a proper speedup, but the price tag is ludicrous :D
Please bring gpgpu support soon, I'll gladly beta test for you!
Robert Lesac

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania