Almost 2 years since version 1.4.22!

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Almost 2 years since version 1.4.22!

Postby Cem » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:02 am

Hi Sebastian,

You know that I am one of the biggest fans of SNS-HDR and I use it for all my tone mapping work. But I am a bit disappointed that we still do not have an update after 20 months. Please tell us honestly, did you by now drop the SNS-HDR or will you be still developing it? If the latter, what time frames are we talking about?

Kind regards,
Cem
Cem

Re: Almost 2 years since version 1.4.22!

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:27 pm

Hi Cem,

I know that a lot of time has passed since the last update, but most of this time I spent on the development of the new algorithms. This is extremely time-consuming, a small improvement in the algorithm can take several weeks. Also many versions of the algorithms I had to throw in the trash.

I want to release version 1.9 in a few days. I wanted to release this version of the end of March, but the removal stupid error in the tone mapping algorithm took me over two weeks.

Below is a sample image, processed with the new and old algorithms.
The source exposures.

Regards,
Sebastian

Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Cem » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:31 pm

That's great news Sebastian, very happy to hear it. Looking forward to seeing the new version. :D

Kind regards,
Cem
Cem

Postby bwana » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:44 am

obviously the top image is the new algorithm. better microdetail. and i dont know what you would call the increased whites of the gantry on the left-it's not midtone contrast. it does look better. the only thing i notice about the old algorithm is more tonal range in the clouds-but that comes at a cost of increased crunchiness. i guess the only thing that remains to be seen is ghost removal- I am still having issues with that.
bwana

Postby bwana » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:47 am

btw, how did you get 6 identical jpegs of a rocket launch at different exposures? what was your starting raw and how did you process?
bwana

Postby den » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:21 pm

The NASA STS-134 Launch exposure images' backstory...
http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=37328

...den...
den

Postby german » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:14 pm

One question: Will the registered users informed about a new version or has to be constantly looked?

The tone mapping function is for me the most interesting thing: faster start as before with version 1.4.22 and good implementation in the results, which were not bad since then. I wish the project continued success.
german

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:45 pm

german wrote:One question: Will the registered users informed about a new version or has to be constantly looked?

Information about the new version will be displayed when you run the SNS-HDR Home/Pro.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby russellsnr2 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi, What news on the new version please?
thank you

Hi, Sorry Sebastian but this is now becoming fascicle!!
Quote:- Sebastian Nibisz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 "I want to release version 1.9 in a few days. "
That few days has now turned into a month I have said before that I understand that upgrading the software takes time but to keep your customers in the dark in-fact as far as I can there has been no postings on here by yourself for some time?
SNS-HDR is one of the better HDR software on offer but needs an upgrade even if only to speed it up so some information on progress would be appreciated I am sure not just by myself.
Thank You
Russ
russellsnr2

Postby hubba » Wed May 28, 2014 7:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTCNwgzM2rQ

Hi Sebastian, the silence about the new version is almost unbearable and painful... ;-)
hubba

Next

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania