Almost 2 years since version 1.4.22!

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: Almost 2 years since version 1.4.22!

Postby arkitekt878 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:32 pm

Yes I was hoping that we would see something we could work with before Christmas, even if it was only a a beta version. I just cannot understand why Sebastian wants to alienate potential customers the way he is doing.
arkitekt878

Postby Joghi » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi Seb,

it is a little bit disappointing of you announcing upgrades or at least betas which don´t come. Your prog is a great peace of software, the results ar superb and i never had a problem with stability. But waiting over 2 years for necessary enhancements and being put off with betas, which don´t come, is simply annoying. PLEASE share with us on what you´re working, PLEASE let us see something on what we can hope for. Come on boy, it is christmas, don´t let the hope die of getting a even better SNS-HDR than we have now.

Except that i wish you and your family a wonderful christmas and a happy new year!
greez from germany
Joghi
Joghi

Postby phil68 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:33 pm

Don't worry guys!...I hope you had wonderful Christmas holidays!
Hopefully Next year will bring us a good update!

Regards from France

Phil
phil68

Postby russellsnr2 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:12 am

Oh well another year and probably more empty promises from Sebastian.
Maybe someone else will release a NEW software in 2015 that gives natural results like SNS.
Anyways goodbye from me and have a good 2015.
Russ
russellsnr2

Postby phil68 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:01 pm

russellsnr2 wrote:Oh well another year and probably more empty promises from Sebastian.
Maybe someone else will release a NEW software in 2015 that gives natural results like SNS.
Anyways goodbye from me and have a good 2015.
Russ

I don't want to put salt in the soup....but there is already a software on the market that gives similar results...LOL
I'm using this software too
Don't ask me about the name

Phil
phil68

Postby bfreas » Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:03 pm

I don't see anything wrong with the current version. If Sebastian gets around to releasing another version then that's fine, but I'll happily continue to use 1.4.22 until then.

Here's one from this morning. Handheld, 3 shots tonemapped in SNS-HDR 1.4.22! Have a happy 2015 everyone!

ImageHard Times by Barry Freas, on Flickr
bfreas

Postby Raiko » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Thank you for your statement, we should be glad to have an error-free great HDR software. Sure that everybody is pleased to new features, but as Sebastian developed this Software alone. He can offer them for the great price, and therefore he needs some more time.

Maybe we get a feedback from Sebastian, with a release period.

Have a Nice Year 2015

br Raiko
Raiko

Postby Erik Krause » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:21 pm

It would be nice it was error-free. But look at Sebastian's own example on page one of this thread, just right of the rocket flame. I got this same issue several times. Perfect results most of the time, that's true, but also this horrible pixelation sometimes. Hence I'd be very grateful for an alpha or beta version. The lite version would suffice to test the algorithm!

I recommended SNS several times in the PanotoolsNG list, the PTGui forum, the Panotools wiki and on Panoramic Photographers on Facebook but Sebastian's politics makes me look like a fool...
Erik Krause

Postby arkitekt878 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:26 am

Raiko wrote:Thank you for your statement, we should be glad to have an error-free great HDR software. Sure that everybody is pleased to new features, but as Sebastian developed this Software alone. He can offer them for the great price, and therefore he needs some more time.

Maybe we get a feedback from Sebastian, with a release period.

Have a Nice Year 2015

br Raiko

Yes, but we are not getting feedback from Sebastian. His last post on this subject (29 Nov 2014) was

Ok, I release what I currently have in the middle of the next week. When I fix saving images and remove duplicate interface elements.

It's now the 4th January 2015 and nothing. He hasn't released anything, nor has he said why he hasn't. Sebastian has a loyal customer base that he is going to lose if he continues in the way he has been doing.
arkitekt878

Postby just pictures » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:13 pm

Why is it now days no one is satisfied with what they have ?They always want something else and they want it now.I doubt that anybody on this forum is capable of writing an HDR program but they will bash Sebastian .SNS is one of the best programs there is, the way it is.Good things come to those who wait! I'm sure the new version will be good ,but until then,I'm content with the current version.
just pictures

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania