Unable to stitch pictures together into panorama

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Unable to stitch pictures together into panorama

Postby lsd2323 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi, guys. I'm using SNS-HDR Pro purchased version. I faced issue:
I took pictures with tilt shift lens with 3 frame offset and in HDR.
In SNS-HDR I set my own preset and applied to all pictures to stitch them together into one panorama.
But all pictures are different in colour correction, and as a result they can't be stitched together because of different colours.
Do you have any idea, why this can be happened? And how to resolve this issue?
Attachments
HAZ_5682-HDR(7).jpeg
HAZ_5682-HDR(7).jpeg (43.05 KiB) Viewed 10564 times
HAZ_5668-HDR(7).jpeg
HAZ_5668-HDR(7).jpeg (39.21 KiB) Viewed 10564 times
HAZ_5675-HDR(7).jpeg
HAZ_5675-HDR(7).jpeg (42.69 KiB) Viewed 10564 times
lsd2323

Re: Unable to stitch pictures together into panorama

Postby markdfink » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:09 pm

My workflow is to always do HDR last after stitching. That way, there are no inconsistencies between source images at all. Plus, if you decide later to change the HDR settings of an image, you don't have to restitch, just reload your bracketed stitched images.
markdfink

Postby Erik Krause » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:40 pm

I complained about almost the same some time ago. Sebastian wrote he'll work on the problem: http://www.sns-hdr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1658 So I guess we have to wait for version 2 ...
But Mark is right: As long as you don't stitch HDR for spherical panoramas (where SNS doesn't account for the zenith and nadir) you can safely merge and tone map the stitched panoramas.
Erik Krause

Postby markdfink » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:10 pm

I stitch spherical VR images all the time. Sometimes I have to patch the zenith, but rarely the nadir. Every once in awhile, I still get a vertical seam on the 360 boundary. It's not enough to make me want to do HDR prior to stitching though.
markdfink

Postby Robert Lesac » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:35 pm

markdfink wrote:My workflow is to always do HDR last after stitching. That way, there are no inconsistencies between source images at all. Plus, if you decide later to change the HDR settings of an image, you don't have to restitch, just reload your bracketed stitched images.

I'd welcome that workflow, but you're at risk of getting different kind of stitch for every exposure layer. That is almost certain for areas of low accuracy (say panos with trees or grass in the wind)
Robert Lesac

Postby markdfink » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:48 am

With PTGui, (and if you shoot with a tripod so the camera doesn't move), you can link the exposures so that each exposure layer is stitched identically. There may be movement of individual elements between exposures, but the physical placement of each image within the mosaic will be the same, regardless of what the exposure value was.
markdfink

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania