SNS-HDR Pro doesn't start anymore

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

SNS-HDR Pro doesn't start anymore

Postby spag » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:33 am

Hello,

First, let me congratulate you for this excellent software, the image quality it produces is really stunning!

I bought the Pro version last week and have been using it via the Lightroom plugin to generate HDR, and it worked perfectly. Two days ago I was using it again, and I had been generating HDRs for a few hours already when SNS-HDR suddenly stopped working. It just didn't want to start anymore.

At first I thought it was a Lightroom or plugin issue, so I restarted Lightroom, but nothing changed. So I tried to start SNS-HDR directly, no success. There is an SNS-HDR process in the task manager, but the program doesn't load completely anymore. So I tried to uninstall then re-install the program (and I rebooted in-between), but it didn't solve the issue. There is no error message. The process remains active in the Task Manager, that's all.

Nothing has changed on my computer in the few minutes between the last generated HDR and the issue started.

My computer is running on Windows 8.1 x64

Is there a way to start the program in a -debug mode to generate a log?

Additionally, I noticed that some HDRs that were generated seem to lose EXIF data. Is it a known bug?

Thank you for your assistance and best regards.
spag

Re: SNS-HDR Pro doesn't start anymore

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:47 am

You open directory "%AppData\Roaming\SNS-HDR" and delete "Layout3.xml" file.
Only some EXIF data are copied to the HDR image file.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby spag » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:00 am

Thanks a lot for your quick answer - I will try this at home later today.

Regarding the loss of EXIF data, in some HDRs the ISO, exposure and aperture are not shown in Lightroom anymore. I know this data doesn't really make sense anymore when fusing images with different exposures, but this doesn't apply on all HDRs generated. I will take screenshots to show you the differences. :)

Cheers!
spag

Postby den » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: Exif data...

Because of the lack of uniformity in the use of metadata [exif, xmp, iptc, maker] during my camera's raw file conversion/editing by various software, I finally reduced the extensive capabilities of "exiftool" to my needs and preferences...

My adventure is described here, if of interest: http://www.ncplus.net/~birchbay/tutorials/metadata/

...den...
den

Postby spag » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Hi again!

I have deleted the Layout3.xml file, but it didn't solve my issue. So I uninstalled SNS-HDR Pro again, deleted the complete "%AppData\Roaming\SNS-HDR" folder and all "SNS-HDR" registry entries I could find, then restarted the PC and installed the program again, restarted one last time, and launched SNS-HDR Pro... still without success.

I noticed that the "%AppData\Roaming\SNS-HDR" folder is not re-created, so the program must be stuck before this part.

Can you help me further? Thank you!
spag

Postby spag » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am

So I was already planning to format my computer and re-install Windows as I wasn't able to solve my issues, when I installed the latest Adobe CR and Lightroom 5.3 updates. Then I tried to launch SNS-HDR again, just to see.. and it starts again! So I have no idea what the issue with Adobe CR or Lightroom could have be, but SNS-HDR works fine again. I though I would let you know, in case someone encounters the same problems. :)
spag

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania