Suggestions for new features

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: Suggestions for new features

Postby capricorn » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:49 am

Hi Sebastian,

I have read that V2 is going to take some more time because you are rewriting large portions of the orginal code. I am perfectly happy with the current version 1.9 from a image quality point of view, so just take your time :-)

Anyway, there is something that I would really like to see in SNS-HDR, and that is RAW (or better DNG) output. This feature has been added to the latest version of focus stacking software that I use (Helicon), and I find it extremely useful. Not that it saves a lot of disk space, you can also use any kind of post processing options (that eg. LR offers) on this type output. For my stacking applications, I have meanwhile even decided to delete the RAW input files and just keep the DNG output.

Is DNG output (instead of TIFF) something that you would also consider for SNS-HDR, or is it too difficult / time-consuming to implement?

Another improvement that I really would appreciate is even better LR integration. I am using the 3rd party plug-in which lacks the ability to insert the HDR TIFF into the collection from where SNS-HDR has been invoked. It's always tedious to search the HDR from "All images" then manually insert into the collection which holds the input file(s) to create the HDR.
But I guess you're not the right person to address this issue?

Greetings from a very happy user in Germany :-)

Karsten
capricorn

Postby giskard » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:12 pm

I'd like to see the RGB values of the current pixel under the cursor when moving around the image - the values could be displayed in the status bar. Currently the only way to see the current RGB pixel value is when the colour temperature tool is active.
giskard

Postby russellsnr2 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi, Now I no the program is made to produce HDR images I have been a user for some time but how many times have you taken a shot with something moving and i'm talking people, animals, cars, not trees or clouds that you don't want in the final image?
So Sebastian could you come up with something like the MEDIAN filter in Photoshop Extended or CC version?
There was a software PhotoAcute that disregarded movment like people walking or cars on a busy street.
Now not talking ghosting here like in trees etc but something that will remove large objects.
You can see what I mean if you go to https://luminous-landscape.com/making-p ... s-go-away/
there is a video at the botoom of the article.
Thanks
Russ

I have after posting found that this can be done in GIMP along with a GIMP plug-in called G'MIC.
Unreal that it is available in a FREE software but not in Adobe products unless you take the Extended or CC version/s at hundreds of pounds/dollars.
Russ
russellsnr2

Postby bfreas » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Don't know if this is possible but can the color temperature of the highlights and shadows be adjusted separately? I often have landscape photos that have sunlight and shadows in the scene and if I adjust color temp for the highlights the shadows will be glowing blue. If I adjust for the shadows the highlights are too yellow or warm. My current workflow for this is to use a higher (warmer) color temp on the overexposed shot for the shadows and lower (cooler) temp on the underexposed highlights shot then output the TIFFs from Lightroom and combine in SNS. The separate adjustments would make it possible to work with RAWs in SNS and get correct color temp.
bfreas

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:32 pm

You can adjust the temperature for the lights separately. You click [H] button and change the temperature, or use a pipette.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby g360 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:11 pm

Hi Sebastian,

I am a photographer for hotels, restaurants, schools, museums and other. I use your software EVERYDAY.

I have treated an average of 100 photos per day or 100 x 3 = 300 photos bracketed per day.

I am a heavy user of your software and I thank you for your great development.

It would be best to have functions as:
=> Treatment of series of images with the ability to store cash in memory more than 2 photos.
=> To be able to control the parameters of each photo edit and they get recorded on the pictures now modified (indeed sns HDR 1.4.22 does not save the settings for the current pictures but for the next ... (unless the setting is one of those preset, so no possibility of small adjustment for only one picture)

Again thank you for your software

I am available if my explanations were not very clear ...

Denis John
g360

Postby queguenae » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:33 pm

The treatment of "ghosts" in SNS HDR think that leaves much to be desired.
I wonder if it would be possible to implement a kind of brush that would mark the area where there is movement in that area and that only those pixels of a single photograph were chosen, making these "ghosts" would be eliminated.
Excuse me for my bad english...
queguenae

Postby kymarto » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:15 am

Hi Sebastian--
I am a huge fan of SNS, but there is one thing that has always bothered me, and that is the relative inability to work on shadows. Your highlight controls are superb, because they really only affect the highlights. By contrast, I find the "Shadows" slider basically useless because it affects such a large range of tonalities, all the way up into the midtones and beyond. Would you consider reworking the shadows controls, with an eye to the tonal range affected being something similar to that of the shadows control in Lightroom and ACR? Thanks for considering it...
kymarto

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:05 am

The Black parameter in the next version works only in the dark areas. If you reduce this parameter should give what you want. Also will be available a new Black Point parameter.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby kymarto » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:54 am

Thanks Sebastian! That sounds really good about better black control :)
kymarto

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania