Suggestions for new features

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: Suggestions for new features

Postby mistermonday » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Before asking for fancy stuff, I would like to focus on bare essentials,
1. A basic eyedropper tool - something that I can move around the image to see what the pixels values are. Our eyes play tricks on us and sometimes our monitors shift but numbers NEVER lie. For image editing the ability to see the pixel values is loike having a compass when lost in the wilderness. I find the lack of being able to see pixel values the most frustrating when trying to make final adjustments in SNS. The ideal situation would be one that has dual readout just like in Photoshop where one reading can be set to RGB while the 2nd can be set to LAB. But a single, simple, RGB readout would be a major help.
2. The reduction of Chromatic Aberration would be a huge time saver. Removal of CA is necessary for results which are intended to be printed at medium and large sizes or whose destination is a a high resolution file. Pre-processing RAW files to TIFF is a huge time burden and along with it come challenges of data loss, data clipping, color shifting, and other issues. The automatic CA removal option in the Lens Correction Window of Adobe Camera RAW 7.3 or greater is the benchmark. However, any significant reduction of CA is better than nothing.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday

Postby fotolights.de » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:57 am

I'm using Lightroom for creating Tifs out of my RAWs.
Therefore better deghosting would be great without using the detour of -1EV in creating the tif.
Of course the speed, but I think this is one of the main topics.
Noise reduction would be also great.

Andreas
fotolights.de

Batch processing.

Postby Yuri » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:08 pm

I'm talking about batch processing in version 1.4.22 Now for do this action, I'm should place all batch file in special folder. If you will make a possibility select a several files from the folder this function will bean more convenient.Among the others programs for processing HDR photos SNS HDR Pro is number 1. If you comparing it with PhotomatixPro, Dynamic Photo HDR, NikSoftware HDR Efex Pro. This is the most strongest soft competitors in this field. Don"t know why, but seams to me, that full resolution images openers is very long time The image saving is very quick.
Yuri

Postby samsax » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:56 pm

The ability to export and import masks between SNS files would be occasionally useful for me.
samsax

info tab for rgb (and cmyk) values

Postby chilipilot » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:52 pm

i would find it very helpfull to see the exact rgb (and if possible also cmyk) value when i point the mouse to a pixel (or group of pixels), just like in photoshop. a pure visual guessing is often a problem when you do critical work.
chilipilot

Postby Urbanpixels » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:34 pm

A mac version.
Urbanpixels

Postby paulrumohr » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:27 pm

Could I put in a request for Wacom tablet/pen support? Would love to be able to "paint" adjustments into SNS HDR using my favorite input device.
paulrumohr

Postby phidias81 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:10 pm

After using the software for a few weeks, I also have some suggestions:
- open from and save to shouldn't lead to the same last used directory, it's kind of a loss of time
- ghosting should have some options and flexibility
- It would be vreally useful to have a clone tool, even if this can be done in an external software
- Possibility to rename masks
- The buttons save and save as should have 2 different icons
- Save as should have the option sns+jpeg and sns+tif
- Mask creation should have more selection tools, in example linear selection
- an action history also for masks
- possibility to change color of the mask (sometimes green is blending with forests, etc)
- possibility to save in the original directory during series, with a relative code like in "raw therapee" (e.g. original folder/originalfilename-customname)
- Possibility to select photos to send to series, or to skip photo during series
- copy paste all the parameters in the next photo
- intelligent mask with a threshold
phidias81

Postby MG-Images » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:24 pm

One feature I really miss is the possibility to automatically remove/reduce the occurance of chromatic aberration! And one important question: Is there any kind of "timeline" for the desperately and long awaited realease of a new version?

Many thanks in advance

Manni
MG-Images

Postby cywu » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:40 pm

It will be helpful if the HDR effect or strength can be with different settings for human faces and backgrounds.
cywu

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania