Suggestions for new features

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Re: Suggestions for new features

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Stan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:42 pm

Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for to process non-HDR, single landscape images. I am REALLY pleased with SNS for both my realistic looking HDR and for editing some of my single images.

I find that for my needs SNS-HDR has much of what I need of the editing capability of Lightroom but without having to have a catalogue or pay a monthly fee. Its ability to select colors with adjustable precision from low to very high (such as only the orange ripples reflected in water at sunset) and then modify them, and Its ability to do gradients is terrific.

I only wish it had the histogram from Adobe Camera RAW or Lumina with their ability to show or not show any blown highlights in red. Perhaps that computer code is commercially available. This feature allows easy setting of the white point.

Also nice would be to have the ability to press the alt key when setting the white and black points.

Thanks
Stan

Postby michaelezra » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Halo Control:
Is it possible to control the light blooming - for example, a very bight light from the recessed lighting is causing a halo, the halo is more pronounced in the brighter
exposures and is less visible in the darker exposures, even when darker exposures are made brighter.
Sample files: http://photovertex.com/temp/Halo-HDR.zip

A couple of simple requests UI related:
1. On Basic and Advanced panels the top 2 slides are in the opposite order:
Basic :
- Brightness
- Contrast

Advanced:
- Midtone Contrast
- Emphasizing Light

Symatically, it would be logical to have them in the same sequence on both tabs.

2. Would be great to have shortcuts for switching between tabs. If they exist, I'd appreciate a hint on what they are.

Thanks!
michaelezra

Postby michaelezra » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:52 am

Is it feasible to expect that SNS-HDR at some point may get features similar to Oloneo Photoengine?

A particular feature of interest for me is the ability to relight scene from images that capture lighting from the individual light sources.
This allows to independently vary white balance and intensity for ambient light and all other light sources. Such corrections are not as possible to the same extent when lighting from all sources is within a single input image, but when independent input image is provided for each light source then corrections can be truly perfected, without any spill.

I prefer SNS-HDR to Oloneo's HDR engine, but am looking for efficient solution for this light mixing problem. Oloneo has a product PhotoEngine to address this, but I was hoping that SNS-HDR could get enriched with this functionality and allow for a simpler workflow within the same program.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Michael
michaelezra

Postby Poptime » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi, has anyone used SNS for stacking starry skies? Thanks
Poptime

Postby johnny » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:05 pm

Micro contrast and contrast of mid-tones is not as powerful as in the old (1.4.22) version, is it possible to achieve such effect in the new version of sns-hdr? The algorithm used in the new version simply does not have such a big impact on the images as in the old one.
johnny

Postby Befouré » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:34 am

I don't mean to sound rude, but do these suggestions get implemented??

Some great ideas here but I still haven't seen these added to the program? Are some not possible or yet to be?

Can we have a response please? Thank you.
Befouré

Postby Befouré » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:07 am

Hello????
Befouré

Postby Erik Krause » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:17 pm

Don't forget that these are suggestions, not a todo list for Sebastian.
Erik Krause

Postby Befouré » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:55 am

Not hard to respond yay or nay though is it?? Perhaps he needs to enlist other people to help keep it updated.....
Befouré

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania