Batch processing file names

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Batch processing file names

Postby camco » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 am

Hi,
Great program !! I have been using the demo version to see if I will buy the pro version.
I batched processed some shots and then tried to import them into After Affect as an image sequence but it would not allow me to.
The naming of the files was the problem. The files were named eg. IMG_0087-HDR(3).tif , IMG_0090-HDR(3).tif when they need to be for example IMG_0001.tif , IMG_0002.tif etc. for After Affects to recognise them as a sequence. I renamed some of the files and this worked.
Is this corrected if I buy the full Pro version?

Many Thanks
camco

Re: Batch processing file names

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:16 am

You can not change the file names in the current version. This option will be available in SNS-HDR 2.0
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby camco » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:29 am

Any idea when you might release version 2.0 ?

Cheers
camco

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:49 am

Determination of the date is difficult, because works on a new version are delayed.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Andy Cox » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:21 pm

This is also an issue for Sony Movie Studio. Batch processed single RAWs is fine, but any AEB HDR stuff isn't recognised as a sequence.

Has anyone found a renaming solution?

Can this be addressed before version 2.0? It does limit the usefulness of batch processing HDR stuff.
Andy Cox

Postby Andy Cox » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:47 pm

FastStone Image Viewer (and FastStone Image Resizer - not tested) has a very effective renaming tool built in.

Will rename a folder of 250 images in a matter of seconds.

This enables images to be imported as a sequence into Movie Studio and Premiere Elements.
Andy Cox

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania