UI improvement recommendations

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

UI improvement recommendations

Postby photo_jeff » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:06 pm

Hello, I just purchased SNS-HDR and I find the results amazing. I am sharing some UI improvements that I believe could help the overall user experience:
1) I want to see all sliders at once, to easily compare the difference between profiles (using mouse over). I was able to display all panes at once by removing them from the tabs (Basic/Advanced/Color/Curves). But some important sliders are still hidden behind the "Lights" toggle button [H] and I wish there would be an option to see them side by side.
2) When moving the mouse over my image, I can see a dot moving over the color rainbows (to learn about the color). But I don't understand why I don't see a dot moving on the curves or histogram (to learn about the luminosity).
3) I am always seeking non destructive workflows (or at least ways to reproduce the result). So when I save a resulting picture, I always want to save an SNS project with the same name (like a side-car file). I wish an option would save both at once with the same file name, even in batch mode.
4) When I want to see/play with the result of a previous project, I wish there was an Open recent project option (instead of searching my hard disk for .snsx files).

Thanks

Jeff
photo_jeff

Re: UI improvement recommendations

Postby Befouré » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:15 pm

I don't think the developer gives much of a shit about updating the program sadly......See no response for over a month.
Befouré

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:59 pm

Befouré wrote:I don't think the developer gives much of a shit about updating the program sadly......See no response for over a month.

Are you having a bad day?
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Fujinon » Mon May 16, 2022 12:14 pm

Sebastian Nibisz wrote:
Befouré wrote:I don't think the developer gives much of a shit about updating the program sadly......See no response for over a month.

Are you having a bad day?

This you reply to, but not the person who spend his time giving you some personal insights?

Sure he could have put it a little nicer, but i too am disappointed that even small things that would benefit many are not being fixed.

I get the impression that you feel that people just don't get it so why bother, and you would probably be right. But that is true with almost anything. The end user will always be a person, somebody with its own way of doing things. Nobody's going to change because a developer says it doesn't matter or works fine some other way. Just being the best technically is simply not enough. It wouldn't surprise me if 90% of any software's success is listening to its users. Certainly though, this kind of attitude doesn't help anyone.

:?
Fujinon

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Mon May 16, 2022 12:42 pm

This software was developed in close cooperation with its users and many solutions were added at their request. I read all the proposals, but not everything can be easily implemented. It also happens that some of the users' suggestions collide with each other. I will probably implement Jeff's suggestions from points 2 to 4, but point one is currently too complex.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania