problem with images working on 360 panos

Need help with image processing? Post here!
Potrzebujesz pomocy w obróbce obrazu? Pisz tutaj!

problem with images working on 360 panos

Postby duenitas » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:12 pm

Hi all:

I have a huge strange problem:

I'm working firstly with SNS HDR to perform the images and then stitch them in 360 degrees in external software.

The problem appears only in the zenith photographs. It seems that the values of exposure, contrast, sharpness ... did not keep the values the same as the rest of the images. I work with batch processing mode always.

Here I show you the images at 45º and 90º to compare:

duenitas

Re: problem with images working on 360 panos

Postby Robert Lesac » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:33 am

Seems unavoidable unless a special mode is implemented, that would keep track of the average exposure/contrast.
You might want to try tonemaping after you stitch.
Robert Lesac

Postby duenitas » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:23 pm

I thought that using the batch processing all the resulting images retained the average values stored as user predefined and ak be taken with them and the result would be the same. I made the 360 with a bracketing of 5 shots so for now I discard a tonemapping of 5 images of 300 Megapixels each.

If you think of any other solution I would appreciate it
duenitas

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:13 pm

All images are processed with the same settings. The contrast must be modified by software for panoramas.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby duenitas » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:25 am

Sebastian Nibisz wrote:All images are processed with the same settings. The contrast must be modified by software for panoramas.

But I cannot understand Why SNS process the 2 images with same exposure with that huge differences betweeen them... the samples are extracted from the batch processed before stitch them and, when I stitched the zenith appear completely different and impossible to correct...

I don't know if I'm on the best workflow... but here it is:

-Correct RAW Colour Profile with colorchecker
-Convert RAW to Jpeg (I started converting to TIFF... but +200 shoots each 360 i cannot afford).
-SNS-HDR batch Processing with a save correct preset...
-...and [BOOM] the samples that you can see up there... the 45 degrees shoot and the 90 degrees does not corresponding...
-When I try to stitch the panorama the zenit HSL does not corresponding with the other shoots...

But that's not the end... On this location Outside WB and Inside WB are completely opposites... I have both Color Profiles and I Stitched 2 panoramas (one for each color profile). Once I Stitched the panoramas, I add both on Photoshop and I masked out with Luminosity Masks...
duenitas

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:42 am

Much depends on the histogram of the image. SNS-HDR stretches the histogram if possible so the image has greater contrast.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Hakon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:24 pm

Wich Stitching-Software do you use?
Hakon

Return to Help with processing / Pomoc w obróbce