Save as sRGB?

Need help with image processing? Post here!
Potrzebujesz pomocy w obróbce obrazu? Pisz tutaj!

Save as sRGB?

Postby bwana » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:48 pm

When I open raw files that have been captured in the sRGB space on camera, must I save them as sRGB (that question pops up everytime I want to save a TIFF)?

Supposedly, I will get flatter colors if I save as AdobeRGB and the images have been taken in sRGB. However, because of the HDR processing I am having a difficult time determining if that is true.

What is the recommended workflow here?
bwana

Re: Save as sRGB?

Postby phil68 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:00 am

Good point!

I suppose that the recommendation for the SNS work flow is to take pictures in AdobeRGB rather than sRGB, right?
In this case, it make sense to save the result in sRGB. But given the case the pictures are natively taken in sRGB, what happens then?

Phil
phil68

Re: Save as sRGB?

Postby bwana » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:05 am

well after reading a little, it appears that i was quite ignorant of the fact that colorspace only applies to tiff and jpg files. raw files have no colorspace. since the final hdr image is saved as a tiff, sns asks for the correct colorspace to assign. Then opening that tiff in lightroom or photoshop is allows the correct colorspace to be assigned. However, when I want to export for the web, i will first need to convert to sRGB since the web has a small colorspace. If I want to print then I can print from adobe RGB since most printers have a larger colorspace. Bottom line, save as adobergb unless you are sure you will not print it.
bwana

Return to Help with processing / Pomoc w obróbce