Luminosity Masks in Photoshop

Drop in here to discuss whatever you want!
Wejdź tutaj i omów co chcesz!

Luminosity Masks in Photoshop

Postby mhardisty » Tue May 12, 2020 4:31 pm

I've tried all the panels that various photographers have produced and to be honest I find SNS-HDR beats them all hands down for a simple exposure blend. More often than not I choose the wrong mask or the photographs I'm using to blend have too much of a gap (2EV) so they have to be equalised by adjusting sliders in ACR to get a balance and I don't always get that right.

No, give me SNS-HDR, 3 exposures, sometimes 5, some minor adjustments and job is done almost straight away.
No matter how advanced your camera you still need to be responsible for getting it to the right place at the right time and pointing it in the right direction to get the photo you want. - Ken Rockwell
mhardisty

Re: Luminosity Masks in Photoshop

Postby phil68 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:28 am

Luminosity masks cannot be a replacement to dedicated HDR programs.... I tried this, just for fun...bad results ...AND a lot of wasted time!
SNS it the best software and works well...
Phil
phil68

Re: Luminosity Masks in Photoshop

Postby mhardisty » Wed May 13, 2020 8:30 am

I've wasted an awful lot of time trying to master luminosity masks.. Once in a while I think I've got it right and then it all goes crap again. For every sucessful blend done using LM's I've got twenty or so which turn out crap.

Give me SNS HDR any day.
No matter how advanced your camera you still need to be responsible for getting it to the right place at the right time and pointing it in the right direction to get the photo you want. - Ken Rockwell
mhardisty

Return to Chit Chat / Pogaduszki