Light painting

Collection of user-submitted SNS-HDR tutorials, how-to's, and tips.
Tutoriale i wskazówki do SNS-HDR, zamieszczone przez użytkowników programu.

Light painting

Postby asubset » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:59 am

This is a tip. I wanted to shoot a railroad maintenance yard at night by light painting it. I set up my tripod, set the camera to shoot with an intervelometer, and wandered around with a strobe and flashed it at various parts of the scene each time the camera shutter opened for another shot. I was thinking that I would assemble all of these shots in Photoshop (I normally use Lightroom and haven't opened Photoshop in a couple of years). I dreaded the idea of dealing with Photoshop and so one day for the hell of it I threw all of these images at SNS-HDR to see what would happen. I got a GREAT image out of it all. So what we had was the entire image was shot at the same exposure, and different parts of that image were illuminated with the flash in different exposure frames. SNS-HDR took all of those different bits of lighted areas and assembled them very nicely.

I can't wait until the new version comes out.
asubset

Re: Light painting

Postby Hakon » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:52 pm

very interesting approach. I have to remember and try on occasion. I would have tried to expose as long as possible and illuminate a whole picture in one.
can you explain in more detail how you triggered the camera?
Hakon

Return to Tutorials & Tips / Poradniki i wskazówki