Dark spots in corners of images for 360 panoramas

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Dark spots in corners of images for 360 panoramas

Postby memememe123 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:39 pm

I ran SNS-HDR on the 3x bracket sets before stitching panorama in PTGui. I can't find a good way to get rid of the dark spot. Does anyone have another solution? I have tried running SNS-HDR in both 360 mode and regular, but doesn't make much difference, and also the PTGui "Automatic Exposure" setting, which also doesn't seem to make much difference.

SNS-HDR is making the corners darker of each bracket set. Is there any way to fix this?
Attachments
SAM_7989-HDR(3)_Panorama.jpg
SAM_7989-HDR(3)_Panorama.jpg (7.61 KiB) Viewed 6539 times
memememe123

Re: Dark spots in corners of images for 360 panoramas

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:49 pm

The 360 panorama option should only be used for stitched panoramas.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby RaduMihai » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Your vortex are not arrive after stitchin in PTGUI. It arrive when you want to modify the panorama in PS.

Try to convert in png and then open and make adjustments in PS.
or,
Try to make adjustments on final panorama in Affinity
RaduMihai

Postby memememe123 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:38 pm

For the original example that I posted, I did not make local adjustments in Photoshop or Lightroom. All adjustments were global, with the bracketed images. I did not edit the stitched panorama.

The dark spot was created before stitching, during the SNS-HDR process. I found that SNS-HDR does not handle well the vignette caused by the fisheye lens. At least it does not produce the same result at the corners of the image for all 8 sets, all the way around the 360 shooting. This difference at the corners between the 8 sets cause the dark spot at the zenith. Reducing the Vignette in the bracketed images in Lightroom during the export from RAW to TIFF helped to reduce the dark spot. I attach a sample result. It is still a little bit visible but not so strong anymore. Enabling the vignette reduction in PTGUI helped to reduce a little bit.

If I process the HDR directly in PTGUI instead of using SNS-HDR, there is no dark spot. But the SNS-HDR overall quality is much better, so for me the small dark spot can be acceptable, but would be better if not there.

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (23.09 KiB) Viewed 5831 times
memememe123

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania