Selective ghosting & saving as exr

Want to talk about SNS-HDR, or do you have suggestions, requests, or how-to questions? Post here!
Chcesz porozmawiać o SNS-HDR, masz sugestię, próśbę, lub jakieś pytania? Pisz tutaj!

Selective ghosting & saving as exr

Postby Eltorro » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:34 am

Hi tried your new demo, but a little disappointed as i cant seem to find selective ghosting removal and saving it other than a 16bit tiff.
With hdr screens in the making now, its very important to be able to safe proof work with a 32 bit save.

am i missing something?
Eltorro

Re: Selective ghosting & saving as exr

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:05 pm

The 32-bit format for output is unnecessary because the 16-bit format offer sufficient precision for LDR image.
Why do you need 32-bit format?
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Eltorro » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:18 am

Hello.

Well, HDR skies used in CG renders for one. Openexr has been around for ages, there are many benefits to saving your files in this format, including allowing it to be edited again in the future without having to redo the HDR build and being able to delete your bracketed photos once its built.

ldr is going to become obsolete in the near future, with HDR already a consumer product. Even nextflix and bbc use hdr video content now. why force us to save images in the format when 32bit exists.

Also, what about selective ghosting?

thanks
Eltorro

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:51 pm

The OpenEXR format is used to store the linear HDR image. This format is good for storing the source image to use in the tone mapping software. The tone mapping software compresses the HDR image to LDR image.

LDR will live for a long time, because the HDR image can not be printed.

The selective ghosting is not currently available.
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Eltorro » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:14 am

Ok very unfortunate. Affinity Photo has these two options, so going to have to go with that then.
The ghosting on yours was nothing near to its ability and could save in plenty more formats.

Cheers
Eltorro

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:14 am

The OpenEXR format is not dedicated to LDR images. It offers less precision than TIFF 16-bit format.

Cheers
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Postby Fraenzken » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:46 am

I'd like to bump this topic as I think that deghosting is SNS HDR's big weakness. It would be great if you could add an option to deghost manually!
Fraenzken

Return to Discussion & Questions / Dyskusja i pytania