Demo Version vs Full and Image Size

Need help with image processing? Post here!
Potrzebujesz pomocy w obróbce obrazu? Pisz tutaj!

Demo Version vs Full and Image Size

Postby mrobinsonphoto » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:28 pm

I am doing a trial right now and am unable to get SNS to work on anything bigger than small jpgs. Is there some restriction in size in the trial version? I'm running on a MacPro through Parallels.
mrobinsonphoto

Re: Demo Version vs Full and Image Size

Postby Sebastian Nibisz » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:38 pm

The image size is not restricted. You load a JPEG image?
Sebastian Nibisz
Site Admin

Re: Demo Version vs Full and Image Size

Postby mrobinsonphoto » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm running on Parallels on an 8 core MacPro. I've tried 4 image sequence with full res 1ds Mark III tif (60mb), full res jpg (9mb) and both times it says there is an unkown error. I resized to 1800 Jpgs and was able to get it to work and was very impressed.

I also noticed in my activity monitor that it wasn't running very intense on my processor only 1 core I believe. Would Bootcamp with windows be a better solution? Will there ever be a mac version?
mrobinsonphoto

Re: errors under Parallels on a Mac

Postby tarheel360vr » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:15 pm

I've had the same issue of full-size images not working under Parallels on an iMac (2.8 gHz iMac, 4 cores, 16 GB RAM). I've attempted merging 3 full-rez images from a Nikon D800e. Images are 4912 x 7360 and 15.1 MB JPGs. Each time everything looks successful in SNS-HDR until the very end, as the image appears to be saving, but then there is an "unknown error."

I've tried reducing image size to 4600 pixels, then 4400. Each attempt to blend 3 images failed until I reduced image size to 4,000 pixels. Then SNS-HDR worked as it should.

Could the failure be related to a lack of free space on the boot disk? I'm using an SSD start-up disk without lots of extra free space. If SNS-HDR requires lots of free disk space for virtual RAM or working space, etc., could this be the issue? I have no issues like this with other graphics programs (though 99 percent are on the Mac side).

I would LOVE to get his figured out and use my images at full resolution.

Suggestions?

Many thanks.
tarheel360vr

Return to Help with processing / Pomoc w obróbce