Greetings from Newport, Oregon USA

Introduce yourself and tell us one or two things about you.
Przedstaw się i powiedz nam coś o sobie.

Greetings from Newport, Oregon USA

Postby existentialimage » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:26 am

Hello to everyone! I'm a former chef/restaurateur, sometimes website administrator & foodwriter, obsessed with foraging for wild foods, cooking and photography.

My wife and I recently moved to Newport, Oregon from the state of Michigan where we had lived for the past 12 years. My previous position was administrator of the website for a specialty foods company where I was able to put my experience as a chef and restaurant owner to use. I also had the opportunity to improve my skills in photography by creating all of the product images for the website, food photography for the company recipe blog, and additional images for newsletters and other company publications.

Since moving to the Pacific Northwest, my wife and I have begun to realize our dream of living in a pristine environment where we can enjoy our favorite pastimes: foraging for wild mushrooms, harvesting clams, crabs and other shellfish from Yaquina Bay and fishing for salt & freshwater fish.

I've also been working on building up my photography business, developing my own website and earning a modest income with stock photography. I've recently become obsessed with high definition time lapse photography. I've used all the usual programs in my pursuit of the perfect HDR image - Photomatix Pro, Nik HDR Efex Pro, Photoshop and Lightroom, among others. On the recommendation of a friend and mentor, I tried the demo version of SNS-HDR Pro. I have to say that I am very impressed! SNS-HDR Pro delivers the best image with the least amount of work (leaving me more time to shoot) and is the most efficient at batch-processing of bracketed images. I'll be upgrading to the full version very soon.

Thanks for making a superior product!
existentialimage

Return to Introductions / Przedstaw się